Now why does "'camera' want to use by current location?"

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Anyone else notice this? You start the camera app and it asks to use my current location? Can't figure out why it would need this.

Freaking too much big brother inside my iPhone. Are you tracking me Steve?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Anyone else notice this? You start the camera app and it asks to use my current location? Can't figure out why it would need this.

Freaking too much big brother inside my iPhone. Are you tracking me Steve?
The reason is, 2.0 is crap and caused the problem. I also suspect that if you downloaded one of those post your photos, to a blog apps. The iPhone may be confused. Some of those mobile, photo post, blog apps, also post your current location. Mark

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No tracking. It asks for your location so it can geotag your photos; if you upload to a photo sharing site, you can chose to have them displayed on a map, showing where they were taken. If you don't want the data in the photos, don't allow it to locate you. If you don't want to see that pop up, go to Settings > General and turn Location Services off.

Edit: Mark beat me to it. By the way, nice to see you posting again, Mark.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
The reason is, 2.0 is crap and caused the problem. I also suspect that if you downloaded one of those post your photos, to a blog apps. The iPhone may be confused. Some of those mobile, photo post, blog apps, also post your current location. Mark
It is not a problem...it is designed to ask if you want to tag the photo with location. When it pops up asking to connect to a wifi spot...do you consider that a problem?

Like john said...turn it off

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Well, it could be used for big brother...
but i prefer the intended use of geotagging.

1plus19

Jun 8, 2010
Here's how to turn it off for good:

[ link removed ]