now you see it, and now you don't

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
So last night I pick up my iPhone and head upstairsfor bed, and I go to look at the weather on the phone. I do the same thing everytime, hitting the home keep and sliding the slider- in so cases slightly faster than the phone itself can display. Only his time the display never came on at all. I heard the phone unlock, but the screen was blank with no indication it was even on. Verified that it was on because it was still making sounds as normal( like connecting to a charger, etc.) but I couldn't get it to turn off.
long story short. I had to restore to get the display back up. Not real pleased. Because I lost all my extras.
Anyone else have anything similar happen?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
the only thing that's ever happened to me that's even remotely similar is that sometimes the screen messes up and will shine white, or black for a few seconds..

i don't know why but it'll eventually stop being retarded and will fix itself.

this is when i turn it off, because i don't do it every day.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Something similar has happened to me a few times. I slide to unlock and the screen just goes black. It only corrects itself if I turn the phone completely off and then back on. If that doesn't work then I just hold the sleep and home buttons together until the Apple logo appears and that fixes it. I haven't had to restore yet but I can bet that sucked.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, I restored, downgraded to 111, prep'd, and I'm back up and running again.
Initially, I couldn't turn the phone off for obvious reasons of not seeing the slider, but also I held the sleep button for a while and still nothing. Everything seems fine now... Just not putting one of the sources I added earlier the day before.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's happened to me a few times. I unlocked it fast, and it clicked, but with a black screen.

Re-locking and unlocking again fixed it.

- John