Nullriver Ringtone Pack, anybody download it?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I installed it but don't use them. They are not really my taste. However, the fact that they are available, and that it can be done at all is awesome. Now if someone could offer other ringtones in that manner!

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Use songsender within the APP installer, i currently have 700 yes 700 ringtones on my phone
If those are unedited music tracks then I'd say you are wasting quite a bit of space.

I edit all my ringtones down to 30 seconds or less, sometimes change the starting point of the song, and usually increase volume. No need for a super high bitrate either.

--
Mike

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Just curious if anyone has downloaded this and what was in it and was it worth the download?

Thanks,

Zolton
I tried it last week and the ringtones were really lame. There's been an update or two since then though...

I just don't understand why we would want a ringtone pack when we can just use our music now. That's really all we need!

RTpics

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Malibu CA
If those are unedited music tracks then I'd say you are wasting quite a bit of space.

I edit all my ringtones down to 30 seconds or less, sometimes change the starting point of the song, and usually increase volume. No need for a super high bitrate either.

--
Mike
They are edited tracks, made with garageband, then imported into i tunes, a smartlist is then made for them.which syncs to the phone

love the APP installer. I just feel sorry for people on the Apple forum who do not know about this because the posts always get deleted. When someone asks. another reason to make this forum my home :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
They are edited tracks, made with garageband, then imported into i tunes, a smartlist is then made for them.which syncs to the phone

love the APP installer. I just feel sorry for people on the Apple forum who do not know about this because the posts always get deleted. When someone asks. another reason to make this forum my home :)
Got it--makes sense. It's interesting that the iPhone seems to read ringtones from at least three different locations:

Standard ringtones:
/Library/Ringtones

Nullriver Rington Pack/SendSong app:
/var/root/Library/Ringtones

iPhone Ringtone Maker:
/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones

About the Apple forum... I know what you mean. I can't even read it anymore--too frustrating. Talk about a head-in-the-sand approach to reality. :p

--
Mike

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Got it--makes sense. It's interesting that the iPhone seems to read ringtones from at least three different locations:

Standard ringtones:
/Library/Ringtones

Nullriver Rington Pack/SendSong app:
/var/root/Library/Ringtones

iPhone Ringtone Maker:
/var/root/Media/iTunes_Control/Ringtones

About the Apple forum... I know what you mean. I can't even read it anymore--too frustrating. Talk about a head-in-the-sand approach to reality. :p

--
Mike
My question is, where is the Marimba ringtone stored? I really want to delete it but I've never been able to find it in any of those directories! There must be at least one more location for the ringtones...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
My question is, where is the Marimba ringtone stored? I really want to delete it but I've never been able to find it in any of those directories! There must be at least one more location for the ringtones...
That's funny, as I originally had addressed that in my post with a Marimba? section but deleted it before hitting Send. Thought for sure I was the only one wondering where the heck it was stored. ;)

--
Mike