Numerous problems with iPhone 3G

ninaretta

Apr 9, 2008
hello, i'm a new member here,
i bought a new iPhone one week ago and i have some problems with it
and i don't know if i have to change something in the settings or this phone is like this:
- i can't decline a call if the phone is locked, i have to answer or wait till the caller stops his call
- i can't forward sms, neither delete a single sms in a "conversation"
- i can't send or receive photos from another mobiles
- i can't use blutooth
- i have saved the contacts numbers with the country code, so i can't see the caller's name when i receive a local call

please help me if i can resolve anyone of the above problems
and thank you

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
hello, i'm a new member here,
i bought a new iPhone one week ago and i have some problems with it
and i don't know if i have to change something in the settings or this phone is like this:
- i can't decline a call if the phone is locked, i have to answer or wait till the caller stops his call
- i can't forward sms, neither delete a single sms in a "conversation"
- i can't send or receive photos from another mobiles
- i can't use blutooth
- i have saved the contacts numbers with the country code, so i can't see the caller's name when i receive a local call

please help me if i can resolve anyone of the above problems
and thank you
Hi ninaretta and welcome to EIC. :)

1. Let's see if I can answer some of your questions. You should be able to decline a call if the phone is locked by pressing the sleep/off button located at the top of the phone next to the sim tray.

2. I don't believe you can forward an SMS you've already sent with the un-jailbroken iPhone. To delete a single SMS, try selecting the edit button. Should give a dash on the left side of the screen; tap the dash next to the SMS you want to delete, and tap the delete button that shows on the right.

3. The iPhone does not have MMS capability. Photos from regular e-mail can be sent to the iPhone; likewise, you can e-mail photos directly from the albums where your photos are stored on the iPhone. You can also e-mail photos to other mobile devices that have MMS; if you try to receive MMS, you will get a text message directing you to viewmymessage.com.

4. The iPhone supports hands free talking blue tooth profies. No stereo (A2DP), no dial-up networking and no file transfer profiles. To turn Blue tooth on, go to settings, select general, select bluetooth and turn it on. You will first have to pair your hands free device. That typically requires you to to make that device discoverable, turn bluetooth on the iPhone, and type in a code, usually 0000 on the iPhone when asked to pair. You only have to pair once. Then on out, it's just a matter of turning bluetooth back on the iPhone, and turning the bluetooth on the handsfree device.

5. Unless the call ID is blocked, you should see the caller's name (from your contact list) or at least, the number of the call.

Again welcome. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wendycharles

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Welcome Ninaretta! I found this forum to be very useful and everyone is so willing to help. Have fun with you new iPhone!