O M G please help

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

CJPatel

Aug 19, 2007
Delaware
OK its my 21st and i just dropped my iPhone onto rocks cracking the screen, what should I do? Please help hopefully Apple will repair for me at a cost, I will greatly appreciate some help.

thanks,
canon,

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
i just dropped my iPhone onto rocks cracking the screen, what should I do? Please help hopefully Apple will repair for me at a cost
I'm sure replacement parts are somewhere in the system. It's just a matter of how long you will be without it. No worries, they will fix it for you for a price.

maclaptopuser

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
From what I've heard, a new screen will run about $250US.
This is inline with what I heard, then with the $175.00 labor fee for installation, you are all set. While this repair is a bit expensive at $425 plus tax and two way shipping, for an approx total of $500.00.

Please remember that this is the finest most revolutionary phone in the world, according to Steve. Thus, if you must have the finest, then price is no object.

vicknik

Sep 26, 2007
ps its still working fine just the screen is cracked. I am so pissed right now. what should I do?
First you update your quote or most may not believe you actually have an iPhone. If your blackberry was under ATT maybe you could switch back for a few days while you resolve the problem.

Check your credit card policy if you used one... they may have damage protection.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
This is inline with what I heard, then with the $175.00 labor fee for installation, you are all set. While this repair is a bit expensive at $425 plus tax and two way shipping, for an approx total of $500.00.

Please remember that this is the finest most revolutionary phone in the world, according to Steve. Thus, if you must have the finest, then price is no object.
I had no idea a labor fee was also applied to the repair cost. Are you sure about that? Why would it cost more to repair it then if you just got a new one?

CJPatel

Aug 19, 2007
Delaware
I love my iPhone

I don't wanna get a new phone! Come on guys. And yes I need to update my Signature, but I will get to that.

I have to swing by Apple and also call Visa which is what I used to buy the Phone. Man I am so pissed. $250 is a lot of money.

Plus its my 21st birthday so that makes this day "sour."

CJPatel

Aug 19, 2007
Delaware
How about this?

Since the Phone works prefectly, Why wouldn't I just get a new one and sell this one on ebay?

Would that work? I would get im guessing close to the difference 400-250.

robby69

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Since the Phone works prefectly, Why wouldn't I just get a new one and sell this one on ebay?

Would that work? I would get im guessing close to the difference 400-250.
Unbelievable that people are buying iPhones with cracked screens, but hey why not then?

quoted from an ended auction for a 4gb broken iPhone:
It went for $235 +$13 shipping.. unbelievable

I don't know much about this phone my buddy owned it... he dropped it in parking lot.. an got ran over buy a car... it still works the back cover is all srathed up.. the screen has a crack in it but still works... i tryed to update last night... the phone just keeps restarting.. it was working fine when i tryed to update it started restarting i don't know what is wrong with phone......all sales final.

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
From what I've heard, a new screen will run about $250US.
wtheck i rather just buy a new one then ..

oops didn't know so many peopel posted before me buy a new one
but yes just for repair cost nearly as much as a new one and a new one i can pick up right off the bat..

kjm1863

Sep 26, 2007
Call these repair People iResq 1-888-447-3728
They fix iPods, install batteries and repair phones...
I've sent several iPods in over the years.
Fast and reliable.
kjm1863:cool:

CJPatel

Aug 19, 2007
Delaware
hey

Hey Thanks for the information guys, I don't think I will buy parts to replace it. I wanna just sell this one a get a new one. Thats the same thing with the Apple store though. They will take my old phone and 250 cash and give me a new one. So no is it worth for me to buy a new phone for 400 and assume I will get more then 150 bucks for my cracked glass iPhone?

I dunno.

Anymore help will be appreciated.

Also I ran into a girl who told me a story about one of our mutal friends, she said that He had the same problem and they fixed it for him for free, and lend him a $30 loaner.

Can this be true?