O2 iPhone hype?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
Hi All,
When the iPhone is released on O2 in November 9th, will it have the same hype as in America, i.e.

1. Long ques outside stores for hours before they will sell it.

2. What time do you think they will start selling it, will it be 6pm like america? (As most of the o2 stores and CPW stores close at 5pm.)

3. Will they have enough staff to cope with the demand?

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Well, my experience in the USA

I went to the Apple store first and asked for a 4Gb version. "We are out of 4Gb, but we have 8Gb." To me $500 is allot to pay for a phone, $600 even more so. Being a typical 'I want something for nothing American' I asked if they would sell me the 8Gb iPhone at the 4Gb price. The sales rep just smiled and walked away. The Apple store was very crowded.

I walked around the corner to the AT&T store, where there were 2 patrons besides me, walked right up to the counter, asked for a 4Gb, swiped my Bank Card and walked out with my receipt.

This all happened 1 week after the iPhone release. Morale of this story; if the line at Apple is long go to the carrier's store. Maybe this will help.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I don't think it will garner why the same amount of hype as the release in America did. I was in Europe a few weeks ago and mentioned the iPhone a few times and maybe 1/10 people I talked to knew what it was.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
There will be queues as we have fanboys and style junkies too.

Mind you, it depends on what the other manufacturers are bringing out for Christmas.