o2 Price Plans

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
According to their Twitter the price plans will be available tonight (even though i'm posting at 2100) at:

o2.co.uk/iPhone

Few rumours/stories- I don't know whether there is any turth behind them or not..

'Every o2 customer needs to pay to end their contract if they want to upgrade early i'm afraid'

'The tariff prices will stay the same'

'You can definitely upgrade, if you'd like the 3GS you'll be able to pick one up June 19th'

'Full prices will appear on our website later on tonight'

-----------

guys-

i will update with more info as and when i get it:)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
If the terms we've heard so far are correct then i'm definitely out of luck-

17th January 2010 is my earliest upgrade. That means i've got to pay £360 to cancel my contract allowing me to upgrade. I'm lost for words.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
In addition... this site is probably the most rushed/pushed together piece of crap i've ever seen. It doesn't tell you solidly what the actual availability of the iPhone is going to be like. The prices are through the roof. Credit Crunch busting prices (my arse)

Another major mess up from o2

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I agree.... really expensive for 3g'ers.

Ive persuaded my gf to sign up for the new one, let me have it, and when im eligible for an upgrade Oct 30th, she can get the new iPhone then.

Im going to get the 3gs in white 16gb on the 35 p/month contract and pay the £90+ quid. That way im saving £10 p/month on my contract im paying at the moment

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm going to have to wait :(

I'm honestly not even bothered. I'm hacked off big time. The phones the same.

I'm going to go for a 16gb version- i'm not paying that much money for something like that. It's a massive rip-off. The only reason they can charge that much is because they have the rights to it in the UK. I'm annoyed. I'm going pub.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Update:

After a few phone calls to o2 this morning- For those who have got the 3g on an 18th month contract are allowed to upgrade 3months early.

For example (i'll use my details)- IF your contract was due to end after 18months in January 17th 2010 then 3 months before would be October 18th 2009.

So i've still got to wait 4months till i can upgrade for. There will still be a payment for those who take out certain plans.

Last edited by a moderator:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Thats when my plan ends too... you know what you can do, phone o2 and say you want your tariff reduced. I have just dropped mine to the 35 a month, so you should save a bit there, helps pay for the upgrade! :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thats when my plan ends too... you know what you can do, phone o2 and say you want your tariff reduced. I have just dropped mine to the 35 a month, so you should save a bit there, helps pay for the upgrade! :)
I'm just going to continue to pay my normal £45 a month. I want the new 3GS but i'm pissed at Apple & o2 - they've shafted iPhone 3G owners. I'm really annoyed, i don't know which other phone to go for.

^ also... keeping your contract at £45 a month will make my upgrade to the 16gb 3GS cheaper.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
^ also... keeping your contract at £45 a month will make my upgrade to the 16gb 3GS cheaper.
How? I have reduced my contract to £35 per month, and i am still elligible for an upgrade on 30th October (which my gf will then get). When i upgrade the cost of the phone is exactly the same. If i sign up for a 2 yr contract at 45 per month then i get the phone free.

Being on a higher tarrif now doesn't have any baring on the price of the next phone you get

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
I'm just annoyed that I have to pay £90 to upgrade even though I completed my contract and looking for an upgrade. I've already given o2 £1000 for this phone and now I gotta spend another £90 to upgrade. Silly really but I'll be there 9am to get it :p

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
How? I have reduced my contract to £35 per month, and i am still elligible for an upgrade on 30th October (which my gf will then get). When i upgrade the cost of the phone is exactly the same. If i sign up for a 2 yr contract at 45 per month then i get the phone free.

Being on a higher tarrif now doesn't have any baring on the price of the next phone you get
^ I see what you mean now (sorry not been on for a bit), the price plans are a joke. Reducing your contract now would allow you to save a few penny's before you upgrade.

I'm just annoyed that I have to pay £90 to upgrade even though I completed my contract and looking for an upgrade. I've already given o2 £1000 for this phone and now I gotta spend another £90 to upgrade. Silly really but I'll be there 9am to get it :p

^clover- o2 are a complete joke. I've been with them for about 6-7years. Your supposed to build up loyalty through the company through keeping your contract and always upgrading etc.. i've received nothing. I've never been offered anything cheaper.

SO... i'm going into one of the stores and i'm going to kick off. I'm not paying minimum of £90 to o2 to use a phone for 18months when i pay around £60 a month now :mad:

They must be joking....

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
I don't think you have to pay that much if you are on £60 a month. I'm going to have to pay £184 on Friday to get the new iPhone on a 18 month contract. It will cost £90 if I want it on a 24 month contract but a new iPhone will be out next year so even 18 months is too long. Can't believe they are charging £184 but I guess I can get that back by selling my V1.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Anyone got any news for on MMS working for us British?

If so post

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Sigh, my o2 plan doesn't end until december. I hate that we have to pay so much to just upgrade. Its more than in the US.

If anything o2 is just stealing money from people.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Sigh, my o2 plan doesn't end until december. I hate that we have to pay so much to just upgrade. Its more than in the US.

If anything o2 is just stealing money from people.

couldn't agree more. o2 have gone down at least 1,000,000 rows in my good books. deeply unhappy about the cost of the phones :oops:

ct2k7

Bronze
Jul 7, 2009
To be honest, I don't feel very sorry for the 3G users, since their phones were subsidised, but I do feel heavily for the users of the original iPhone who were late adopters and have to wait out or buy out... and see other 3G customers upgrade for only £19 (to buy out of their contract).

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
To be honest, I don't feel very sorry for the 3G users, since their phones were subsidised, but I do feel heavily for the users of the original iPhone who were late adopters and have to wait out or buy out... and see other 3G customers upgrade for only £19 (to buy out of their contract).
If you were in the position of some of the current 3G owners then maybe you would feel differently... just saying.