O2 Repair - Stay Away !

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Just putting this post up because I sent my phone away the other week for the rattle that was ment to be inside of it. There was just a rattle when you put the phone down on a hard surface and when you tapped the back near the camera.

It took about a week to be repaired and I got it back on saturday and on the box it said that the phone has had the board replaced. I got it home and the phone was worse than it was when I sent it away. Now there is a sound when you shake the phone like there is something is loose inside of it.

I rang O2 up and they said I would just have to take it back to the store and send it away again and wait another week for it to be repaired. I didn't really want to do this as I didn't want to get it back worse again plus O2 take about a week to get it back but the quote up to 28 days just to cover themselfs.

I have just rang Apple before and set up a repair and explained to the person on the phone that I had just sent it away to O2 and they were ment to of sent it back to Apple to be repaired and it came back even worse. The guy on the phone told me that O2 don't send the phone directly to Apple to be repaired and instead they send it away to a Apple approved repair company.

So my advice is if you are in the UK and are thinking about sending your phone away through O2 to get fixed is to just ring Apple up and do the repair direct through them. They quote 10 days for the Repair but on there website it says that they usually take 3 days to repair it. :eek:k:eek:k

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just putting this post up because I sent my phone away the other week for the rattle that was ment to be inside of it. There was just a rattle when you put the phone down on a hard surface and when you tapped the back near the camera.

It took about a week to be repaired and I got it back on saturday and on the box it said that the phone has had the board replaced. I got it home and the phone was worse than it was when I sent it away. Now there is a sound when you shake the phone like there is something is loose inside of it.

I rang O2 up and they said I would just have to take it back to the store and send it away again and wait another week for it to be repaired. I didn't really want to do this as I didn't want to get it back worse again plus O2 take about a week to get it back but the quote up to 28 days just to cover themselfs.

I have just rang Apple before and set up a repair and explained to the person on the phone that I had just sent it away to O2 and they were ment to of sent it back to Apple to be repaired and it came back even worse. The guy on the phone told me that O2 don't send the phone directly to Apple to be repaired and instead they send it away to a Apple approved repair company.

So my advice is if you are in the UK and are thinking about sending your phone away through O2 to get fixed is to just ring Apple up and do the repair direct through them. They quote 10 days for the Repair but on there website it says that they usually take 3 days to repair it. :eek:k:eek:k

I'm sure i've mentioned this in another post.

o2 are crap. They really are.

Any problems I get with my device, I take straight to the Apple shop. It's really worth making the journey. If something is rattling inside your phone, then Apple will replace it, they will say something along the lines of 'thats unacceptable'

Seriously. Do not bother with o2.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So, they do have Apple Stores in the UK?

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
So, they do have Apple Stores in the UK?
Yeah but none near were I live

If i wanted to go to a Apple store it would be about a 3-4 hour drive or more the nearest one to me is probably Manchester

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
They need to put one in the north east

The Metro Centre would be a ideal place :D

I was actually talking about this to a Apple customer service agent when I rang up last time when she asked for my address on the phone when I was going to send my phone away last time she realized were I was from and she lived about 10 minutes away from were I lived and she said that they were talking at her work saying they should put a Apple store in the Metro Centre.

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It would be a nice addition. But rest assured Apple will no doubt be opening a lot more stores in the UK. I think they've realized the demand for there products.

The more stores they have the more money they'll make. Everytime I walk past (usually walk in) one of Apple stores, it's always full, always busy.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Yeah there is nothing really inbetween Glasgow and Manchester

Grey Street in Newcastle would be a good location aswell because of the design of the buildings

Anyone got Steve Jobs email address I am going to email him this suggestion LOL :sneaky: