Oakley Unobtainium case

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by HELPmepLox, Aug 11, 2009.

1. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

Anyone have it? I am thinking of getting it. Yes it's bulky but I'm an outdoor person n the unobtainium element which is practically indestructible + I'm a fan of Oakley products.

#1 HELPmepLox, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  2. mittenman

mittenman Member
    Silver

That thing definitely looks beefcake, more pics would be nice.

3. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

seems like no one has it..
    what do u guys think of it?

4. shuang1705

shuang1705 New Member

It looks too bulky for everyday use, but given the price of the phone and the probable necessity of having it if you go camping/hiking, I would say it's worth the added protection, but only during those times if you're doing something like that.

5. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

I was just browsing around on the site and was looking at their backpacks. They have the Toolbox 4.0 and in one of the accompanying pics, the are trying to show that it has a place for your iPod/iPhone. In the pic, it's an iPhone ..... IN a SLIDER CASE. Says a lot about their own case doesn't it?

[​IMG]

6. southtexfireman

Bronze

Its just like most other silicone cases..Otter Box much better.

7. HELPmepLox

HELPmepLox New Member
    Bronze

just look'd up otterbox
    saw this video

total failure

best ive seen is this oakley will post my result after i receive it

8. RossMc

RossMc Zealot
    Gold

Taken from another website

I got one of these but it seems like the pressure from the top of the case presses the power button and causes my phone to power off a lot.

#8 RossMc, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
  9. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

This part sounds cool...

I would need it to have a belt clip, though. I hate how 90% of the cases out there don't come with a clip. I hate sliding my phone into my pocket...

10. martincooper

martincooper New Member
    Bronze

made from Unobtainium rubber, giving you more grips and protecting your iPhone without blocking any access and it is priced at $30.

11. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

I went to the new Oakley store in our local mall (woo hoo!) and picked up this Unobtainium case in black for my 4S. I have been in the market for a new case since getting the 4s, but couldn't come up with something slim enough for everyday use and storage in my pocket, stylish, and provide some protection. I have just been using Zagg skins, but I really don't want to push my luck with an accidental drop.

The Unobtainium case is very slim and has a great non-slip feel. It's not too rubbery and slides in and out of my pocket with ease. There are some ridges on the side, which work very well when holding my iPhone one-handed. The bottom has a huge cutout, which means I can continue to dock it at work without having to remove the case, very important to me. The headphone port on the top is also a little oversized, so I will not have trouble getting in some of the larger headphone jacks. The volume buttons are enclosed in the case and there is a cutout for the ringer switch. The power button is also covered and still retains the click feeling when used.

My favorite part of this case is that it feels very sturdy, but isn't bulky. I also like how the front part of the case barely protrudes the screen. This allows for some screen protection if placed on a flat surface, but not high like like my wife's OtterBox and interferes with my swiping on the screen.

I know there are several hard-core LifeProof fans on this forum, but it just isn't for me. I think I may have finally found my perfect case!

Photo Nov 09, 8 34 04 PM.jpg

12. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Can you do a 20ft test drop for us. Lol. Just kidding of course.