Obligatory iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Negative Features Thread

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I just now seen this article and i find it hard to believe. especially because that is the only way i carry my note 3, which is in my back pocket with no case, and have never had this issue before.
I can see aluminum bending as opposed to plastic that's more flexible.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
So Naps recently mentioned how peaceful it is here :D

I figured I start this thread. First my disclaimer, I love my iPhone and indeed ordered the new 6. With that said I'm sharing my uneducated thoughts and dislikes, feel free to correct me, I don't take offense.

Dislikes on new iPhone 6/6+

1. Camera, same old 8MP here, I know the MP argument, but with similar devices upping that as well as implementing image stabilization, it seems lame.

2. Front facing camera, 1.2 MP 720P? Really? Has apple being paying attention to the world of selfies now a days??? I'd argue for the reversal 8MP in front 1.2MP on the back LOL!

3. Blatant coping of HTC's device body, tho not much that can be done with an all metal device.

4. No home landscape mode for the 6??? Awaiting a jailbreak for that. And along those lines, apple again ripped jailbreakers off.

5. On off button, darn it now I must retrain my muscle memory to look for that on the side !!!!

What are your dislikes? What are your arguments to mine?
Hope I'm posting in the right thread...I'm having some issues with texting "landscape" keeps trying to record an audio clip??? Tried rebooting but nothing is working. I'm NOT touching the mic icon either. And keyboard tends to freeze and or crash. Ideas?? Brand new iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone6 using iCafe Forums

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Hope I'm posting in the right thread...I'm having some issues with texting "landscape" keeps trying to record an audio clip??? Tried rebooting but nothing is working. I'm NOT touching the mic icon either. And keyboard tends to freeze and or crash. Ideas?? Brand new iPhone 6

Apple is apparently working on an iOS 8 update to correct bugs.

njdevils1986

Bronze
Jul 6, 2009
Tinton Falls, NJ
Thanks for the reply! Figured it was probably a bug, I switched to Zoomed then back to Standard and it's been fine since. Thanks!!

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I just now seen this article and i find it hard to believe. especially because that is the only way i carry my note 3, which is in my back pocket with no case, and have never had this issue before.
Also carry my OnePlus One naked in my back pocket, no issues.

This is surprising.

It Turns Out You Can Bend The iPhone 6 Plus With Your Bare Hands
http://digg.com/video/iphone-6-plus-bend

I'd like to see some material limit tests on multiple phones to see what the frames can withstand.

Sent from my Oneplus One

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007

This is surprising.

I'd like to see some material limit tests on multiple phones to see what the frames can withstand.

Sent from my Oneplus One
Wow totally unacceptable In my opinion, Apple should have tested and used stronger materials. I understand that one must take care of the phone but with millions of these units going to many many different people they should have made it a little more resilient.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD

This is surprising.

Sent from my Oneplus One
I can bend a Galaxy S5 with my bare hands. Not sure what the point is.

Reactions: Prozium12

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Wow totally unacceptable In my opinion, Apple should have tested and used stronger materials. I understand that one must take care of the phone but with millions of these units going to many many different people they should have made it a little more resilient.
I'm 100% certain Apple does do durability testing, the only question is to what tolerance.

How many unique reports of bent phones are there? Out of many millions of units, a few dozen bent ones seems pretty insignificant to me. Who knows what these people have done to them.

Reactions: Prozium12

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Enough reports to be noticed by everyone
Anything out of place on an Apple product is picked up and noticed by everyone.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there's not a potential problem here, but I'm not going to panic about it until we get more reports in. I'm also ignoring the silly video of the guy bending the Plus with his hands. Really? I'm sure he could do that to almost any other smart phone out there.

Reactions: Skb2000 and jmp316

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Anything out of place on an Apple product is picked up and noticed by everyone.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that there's not a potential problem here, but I'm not going to panic about it until we get more reports in. I'm also ignoring the silly video of the guy bending the Plus with his hands. Really? I'm sure he could do that to almost any other smart phone out there.
Agree but don't ignore anything, remember, one must critically examine all evidence in order to form an educated opinion on any matter. Yes, the guy bent the phone with excessive force but by doing that he proved that the phone could be bent, that's a first step.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the only "evidence" we have is pictures of a few bent phones. we have no demonstration exactly how they got that way, only what some guys have said on the Internet. *If* he macrumors guy truly bent his 6 plus in his pants pocket, I have to wonder why every 6 plus hasn't had this problem yet.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ouch. People wanted a large, thin, non-plastic phone. Guess this was bound to happen. I'm wondering how Apple can fix it for the 6 Plus S without making it heavier. I don't think Sapphire glass would help at all. They might have to go with a heavier metal or plastic on the upgraded 6 Plus next year.
Isn't the Note 3 plastic?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Agree but don't ignore anything, remember, one must critically examine all evidence in order to form an educated opinion on any matter. Yes, the guy bent the phone with excessive force but by doing that he proved that the phone could be bent, that's a first step.
Give him another brand of large-screen smart phone and ask him to apply the same amount of force.

Look, there is cause for concern, but I'm not jumping off any bridges at this point.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Fortunately my 6 Plus was only exposed to the air for about 3 seconds before being put in a Spigen thin armor case. Not bending in there.