OCD iPhone question light

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
When everything is black on my iPhone (when light is still on) i see like rims of light on the top part of the screen. it doesn't affect the iPhone at all, but i just want to know if its normal.

like when my phone is turning on and the screen is all black with the appe sign, the top interior of the phone screen has like white lines on it...and it doesn;t hav eit on the bottom or the side screens.

i see that too when my camera is starting and it shows the camera taking a picture the top part has that white lines on it.

is somehting wrong with it, should i return it? i just got the fone on the 26th.

i just have ocd when it comes to thsi fone LOL

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
When everything is black on my iPhone (when light is still on) i see like rims of light on the top part of the screen. it doesn't affect the iPhone at all, but i just want to know if its normal.

like when my phone is turning on and the screen is all black with the appe sign, the top interior of the phone screen has like white lines on it...and it doesn;t hav eit on the bottom or the side screens.

i see that too when my camera is starting and it shows the camera taking a picture the top part has that white lines on it.

is somehting wrong with it, should i return it? i just got the fone on the 26th.

i just have ocd when it comes to thsi fone LOL

I presume you have reset the phone by shutting down, and restarting.

Also you can dock the phone and try a restore.

If that does not help, then take it to Apple to be replaced with a new one, not reburbished white box.

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
I presume you have reset the phone by shutting down, and restarting.

Also you can dock the phone and try a restore.

If that does not help, then take it to Apple to be replaced with a new one, not reburbished white box.

i don't get it. restart? restore? what's the difference? :( sorry, i'm an iNOOB.
they would actually let me replace it for a new one? wouldn't they want a good reason?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i don't get it. restart? restore? what's the difference? :( sorry, i'm an iNOOB.
they would actually let me replace it for a new one? wouldn't they want a good reason?

The hard reset of the phone is done by pushing the sleep/wake butn on top for about 10 seconds until the slide to shut down comes on, then slide to shut the phone off. Then turn back on. this should be done about once aweek so that the phone can return itself to a more normal mode and better performance.

Then the Restore is when you dock the phone with iTunes and you can do a restore if you are having a problem with the phone. It takes about 10 minutes, in puts a fresh fiurmware on the phone.

So after doing both of those in order, and it is still doing that then take it to Apple.

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
i bought it in a AT&T store.
i still take it to an Apple store to get replaced?

arlan

Bronze
Jan 10, 2008
So i make sure that they don't give me a refurbish one, but a NEW one.

correct?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
So i make sure that they don't give me a refurbish one, but a NEW one.

correct?

Correctomundo

And with that answer it is time foe me get get a nice glass of wine to start the day, I am 32 minutes late starting.:p

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
The hard reset of the phone is done by pushing the sleep/wake butn on top for about 10 seconds until the slide to shut down comes on, then slide to shut the phone off. Then turn back on. this should be done about once aweek so that the phone can return itself to a more normal mode and better performance.

Then the Restore is when you dock the phone with iTunes and you can do a restore if you are having a problem with the phone. It takes about 10 minutes, in puts a fresh fiurmware on the phone.

So after doing both of those in order, and it is still doing that then take it to Apple.
Just wondering, if that is a hard reset, is a soft reset when one holds both the sleep/wake button and the home button down for * seconds?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Just wondering, if that is a hard reset, is a soft reset when one holds both the sleep/wake button and the home button down for * seconds?

Sorry, you might be right, the sleep/wake and home is for when you are jailbreaking..thus hard

Soft is just the shutdown.

Now back to my 2nd glass of Cabo:p:p

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
What do you mean? Basically, are you saying that the only way of resetting is by shutting down and booting up again? And that by holding both sleep/wake and home I would restore?