Odd behavior after iBrickr usage

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I jailbroke my phone using the TinMan webpage method and the phone worked fantastic. I connected iBrickr and was very pleased that it would talk to the phone even though the iBrickr site said it was not compatible yet. I put some software on the phone using iBrickr and then started having some odd behavior. Icons that wouldn't change when you changed themes, really slow behavior (lag) when doing common things, Mobile RSS wouldn't open sites, certain programs that would open and then close again immediately.
I figured I would have to restore and do it all over again. I hooked up the phone to iBrickr again and removed every program I had installed using it and then noticed the lag was gone. I used installer and put all the same programs back and everything, and I mean everything, works perfectly.
I don't know if this was just a fluke or if the way that iBrickr installs software is not configured exactly correct for 1.1.1 (probably since they say it wont work even though it does) but I suggest that if you are having odd behavior and you have installed software using iBrickr, try uninstalling the software and reinstall it with installer on the phone and see if that helps before you go and restore.
My appologies to the creator of iBrickr if this is a fluke and not a result of your program. iBrickr is a fantastic program for 1.0.2 and its ability to upload ringtones and other files is great. I hope a fully compatible version comes out soon for 1.1.1. I miss using iSwitcher and it doesn't appear in the list on Installer.

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
yes, but is there a way to put in NES rom's after you have upgraded to 1.1.1 and did a jailbreak?