Odd issue with app states

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by larryo108, Jan 4, 2012.

1. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

I really don't know how else to put it. I am having an annoying issue with my jailbroken iPhone 4. I have tried to uninstall several Cydia apps and the problem persists.

It started with facebook, tweetbot, words with friends, and skyfire. Facebook is now no longer a problem. But the other three still persist. What happens is I open any one of the three apps I am having issues with and they open to a previous location in the app. For example with tweetbot, it always opens to a point in my timeline now 5 days in the past even though there are new tweets in my timeline. Or Skyfire will open to two tabs that I have closed multiple times when opening the app on several occasions. Finally, I have a persistent notifications badge on words with friends even though i have played all my games.

It is almost as if the locations within the apps were frozen at some time in the past and I cannot clear it from the phones memory. I have even tried deeting and reinstalling the apps themselves. Respringing countless times. Even rebooting.

Like I said, it is more of an annoyance, but can anyone maybe offer some assistance with this. I can provide a list of apps if necessary, but my big ones are butesms, sms gv extension, phone gv extension, folder enhancer, opennotifier, statustweak, winterboard, fakeclockup, multicleaner and sbsettings.

Thanks in advance.

2. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

I restored my phone last night and rejailbroke and have been adding apps one by one. I thought I had it narrowed down to phone gv extension, but now it seems to be happening again. I have no idea at this point. I will just live with it though.

I just can't believe I am the only one with this combination of apps that is having this issue. Anyways, just thought I would report back.

3. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

You need to setup Tweetbot to how you want your timeline to show and everything else in Accounts & Settings

4. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

I thought of that, but the only setting I saw for the timeline was whether you want to see relative time or absolute time. My problem is that no matter how many times I open or close the app, it always opens up to the same tweet and shows the new ones above. It never opens to the most recent tweet.

5. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

If you have sbsetting try going into safe mode and checking if it works correctly. If all works while in safe mode you have a problem Cydia app conflicting

6. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

Yeah. I went into safe mode (never thought of that) and it works as it should and i would expect. I just don't know which one it is. I thought it was phone gv extension and removed it, but then it started again. Will keep at it.

7. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

just go back into sbsetting>mobile substrates and toggle on and off... one at a time and testing to find the culprit....

8. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

It appears that multicleaner was the culprit. I like to use short hold of the home button to kill an app. I wonder if that is the problem or if it is something else. I will e-mail the developer and see if he can help. Thanks for the help fijiman.

9. larryo108

larryo108 Member
    Bronze

Well I went a step further. I turned multicleaner back on, but turned off all of the activator triggers in the app settings. Now tweetbot works just fine. If I close with activator setting, the issue re-surfaces. So it appears to be something with multicleaner and activator. Thanks again for the help fijiman.