Odd issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by coop1701, Mar 19, 2013.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I am not sure if this is Jailbreak related or a 3rd party App issue. But I am seeing it while trying to use iRealSMS and with BiteSms.

As I type the message I can look up at the Signal Bar. (Typically LTE or 4G with good signal strength.) As soon as I hit Send. Signal Strength drop to about No bars. I see this using both 3rd party SMS Apps. I plan of un-installing and going back to the Stock Messaging App to see if it still a issue. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Does it happen when you use the stock messaging app? You don't have to uninstall Bite or iReal to test this. Are the messages failing or just taking longer to send. Is it happening in different areas or just in that one location? You could try resetting your network settings.

I've had this happen with phone calls. It's like the network's signal strength sometimes isn't accurately represented until I actually try to use cellular.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Europa.. That's a good idea. I did not even thing of the Network Settings Reset. I am testing the stock app now.

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Also to answer your question.. Sometimes the fail. Just depends on how low the signal drops to.

I see no signal drop at all using the stock messaging app.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So you have iReal and Bite installed at the same time? I'd uninstall them both and reinstall just one of them and then reset the network settings.

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

No... I only did one at a time. I had Bite installed, and it crashed like 4 times one day. I noticed the issue about a week before I un-installed it. I put iReal on there a few days ago and did not see the issue until today. You know.., It's a possibility they are doing maintenance here and that's why I keep seeing the dropping signal. But I wouldn't run both at the same time.