Odd Jailbreak Issue

bigjeep39

Sep 8, 2009
I have searched, browsed, looked and looked some more on how to fix this issue but i cannot find the fix ANYWHERE.

I am trying to jailbreak my iPhone 3g with the 3.0.1 firmware. i have redsnow 0.8 with the ipsw of 3.0 i go through the reset phase of hold down power, then home, let go of power and hold home button and it starts to go through the phase but the iPhone just turns off completly and never reboots on redsnow. i know it is supposed to go to a blank screen well mine never comes back on period.

any help? suggestions?

im using a mac with leopard (not snowleopard)

Eninety2

Silver
Jul 22, 2008
I have searched, browsed, looked and looked some more on how to fix this issue but i cannot find the fix ANYWHERE.

I am trying to jailbreak my iPhone 3g with the 3.0.1 firmware. i have redsnow 0.8 with the ipsw of 3.0 i go through the reset phase of hold down power, then home, let go of power and hold home button and it starts to go through the phase but the iPhone just turns off completly and never reboots on redsnow. i know it is supposed to go to a blank screen well mine never comes back on period.

any help? suggestions?

im using a mac with leopard (not snowleopard)

look for a post somewhere about unplugging the usb for three seconds and plugging it back in.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah it appears as if the phone isn't getting the, restart, message. Are you absolutely 100% sure you're using the right firmware files? I had this happened to me for 2 hours before realizing I was using the wrong firmware.