Odd Message: Guardian Angel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
So here's an odd thing. I've searched the web and not seen anything about it yet...

I plugged my iPhone into my Alpine stereo interface this afternoon, and when I later woke up the phone (still connected to the interface), there was a message: "Guardian Angel" right under the time display (where you'd normally see the date).

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas what it may be? My speculation is that (vis. another thread on safe accessories, voltages, and iPhone warming) this indicates a safety circuit switching on.

FWIW, I've not performed any mods at all on the phone. It's up to date running 1.1.1.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
So here's an odd thing. I've searched the web and not seen anything about it yet...

I plugged my iPhone into my Alpine stereo interface this afternoon, and when I later woke up the phone (still connected to the interface), there was a message: "Guardian Angel" right under the time display (where you'd normally see the date).

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas what it may be? My speculation is that (vis. another thread on safe accessories, voltages, and iPhone warming) this indicates a safety circuit switching on.

FWIW, I've not performed any mods at all on the phone. It's up to date running 1.1.1.
this has happened to a lot of people. it usually happens when the ipod app crashes i think then the next time you go to the slide to unlock screen it says the last song you were listening to.

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
this has happened to a lot of people. it usually happens when the ipod app crashes i think then the next time you go to the slide to unlock screen it says the last song you were listening to.
Okay, this makes sense, thanks.

The other thing I was doing was looking at a fairly large web page (some van drove by with a URL on the side, and I plugged it into to the browser -- after pulling out of traffic and parking, of course, safety first!) The page never would completely load. So I guess that's what generated the error.

In case you're wondering: www.globalwoodsource.com was the page.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i was just wondering since they have a song called "guardian angel" and i used to like it, but since i saw them in concert... never again:mad:

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
Even while I was thinking, "why the hell would you look up that website?" I was clicking your link. Yep, why the hell did I look up that website?!
We all have our hobbies. Can't spend all day in front of the computer or iPhone, can we? Well maybe some of us can :). I happen to do some woodworking, and had never heard of this company and wanted to check them out, but yeah, isn't it a pain in the butt to try to load their site on the iPhone?

Back in the days of the Palm Pro with a whopping 4 megs of RAM, there was a land-line modem accessory for connecting online. Given the Palm's limited display and memory, a company set up a "distiller" proxy that reduced web sites to an acceptable format. Maybe there's a need for that on the iPhone for some websites. I mean, not everyone is going to do a special iPhone version of their site like, say, Amazon.com is doing.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I actually sent that site to my father-in-law who is a big woodworker. He wishes they were in Kansas City.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
that page couldnt load on the iPhone if it tried.... that page has over 100 images from 500k to 1.5 megs each.... thats maybe the WORST idea for a layout on a website i have EVER seen

Maahu

Bronze
Sep 19, 2007
that page couldnt load on the iPhone if it tried.... that page has over 100 images from 500k to 1.5 megs each.... thats maybe the WORST idea for a layout on a website i have EVER seen
No kidding. But if you're loading it for the first time and you're on you iPhone, you wouldn't know that. It put my phone in such a state that it wouldn't even respond to being turned off for a while.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
No kidding. But if you're loading it for the first time and you're on you iPhone, you wouldn't know that. It put my phone in such a state that it wouldn't even respond to being turned off for a while.
omg! im at home on my laptop and decided to try this website on my iPhone through wifi and its already been about 2 minutes and its still loading!..never mind, it just crashed and went back to the home screen. and i have PERFECT wifi signal. they need to rethink their website design.

oh and to whoever it was that said iPhone needs a way of scaling down websites to an acceptable form, it kinda does, just go to google.com/m (thats google for mobile phones) and type in that website, and click on the link it gives you for that site and it will give you a scaled down version good for any mobile phone.

VIPERxGTx2000

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Lol, the song title shows under the time display whenever you have a song playing, sometimes it will be there even after you stopped playing music.