ODD symbol on iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I need some help guys. I have an issue with my phone. So you know how at the top left of the screen there is a blue square with an E in it which reprsents the EDGE connection? Well whenever I go to my text messages, safari, or listen to music, the blue box with the E turns to a solid blue box and my EDGE and WiFi is disabled. So far I have only noticed that this prevents me from using youtube.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advice would be helpful!

Fafafoooey

Bronze
Apr 26, 2007
Could be that your area has an inconsistent connection. You might also try rebooting the device, or doing a restore, after backing up of course.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I need some help guys. I have an issue with my phone. So you know how at the top left of the screen there is a blue square with an E in it which reprsents the EDGE connection? Well whenever I go to my text messages, safari, or listen to music, the blue box with the E turns to a solid blue box and my EDGE and WiFi is disabled. So far I have only noticed that this prevents me from using youtube.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advice would be helpful!
This is exactly what mine does too. You probably don't have WiFi set up correctly or your phone would choose WiFi over Edge or GPRS and stay on WiFi.

Youtube works on edge/gprs , it's only iTunes that doesn't