Odd Voice-mail question

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Did a search, but could not find anything on this:

Is there any way to save a voice-mail? More specifically, I'd like to take the audio message and have it transfered to my computer as an audio file. Is there any way to do this? Incidentally, my phone is 1.1.4 and not JB.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
interesting idea i have no clue there has to be a way to do it. I would not know where to start. That would be cool

paa79594

Silver
Jul 23, 2007
Los Angeles
www.theplasticguys.com
I saw it recently, maybe last night either here or on another forum, so yes it is possible. Maybe try google search because I for sure saw it somewhere. You would just SSH into the phone and grab the audio file and transfer it to your computer.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
interesting idea i have no clue there has to be a way to do it. I would not know where to start. That would be cool
Mac users, use the former iPhonedrive, now called Megaphone. PC users, who knows?

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Mac users, use the former iPhonedrive, now called Megaphone. PC users, who knows?
It looks promising. But what preliminary research I did (in all of 5 minutes), they talk about pulling content from the phone such as call logs, SMS conversations, etc., but there's no mention of grabbing voice-mails.

I'll research it some more. It looks promising.

Btw, the reason I want to do this is because my 3-year-old left an "I love you Daddy" message for me, and I want to save it for posterity.

THANKS!

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
It looks promising. But what preliminary research I did (in all of 5 minutes), they talk about pulling content from the phone such as call logs, SMS conversations, etc., but there's no mention of grabbing voice-mails.

I'll research it some more. It looks promising...
Oh well. I downloaded the demo, and it's a dud. It's actually a cool little program, but it does not have a voice-mail feature nor does it "see" any audio files in voice-mail.

However, I remember seeing a request/question in a thread in these forums about grabbing SMS content off the iPhone, and MegaPhone does indeed do that.

The search continues...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Oh well. I downloaded the demo, and it's a dud. It's actually a cool little program, but it does not have a voice-mail feature nor does it "see" any audio files in voice-mail.

However, I remember seeing a request/question in a thread in these forums about grabbing SMS content off the iPhone, and MegaPhone does indeed do that.

The search continues...
do a search (google) for "Gotvoice" and see if that works for you.

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Thanks again, geordisjd! That looks like it'll do the trick. Unfortunately, I'd have to pay at least $9.95 per month to get an mp3 recording. So I think I'll keep searching. But Gotvoice will do the trick (I think), if and when I decide to pony up the bucks.

Test-Pilot

Bronze
Jan 20, 2008
Just an update, if anyone's interested. I finally stumbled upon a solution.

I finally Jail-Broke (?) my phone and installed VNotes. Using VNotes, I imported the voice-mail into VNotes, then e-mailed it to myself. The resulting sound-file is a *.amr file, and I used "Switch" to convert it to *.mp3

In order to make it a ringtone, I then used the usual method for converting *.mp3's to ringtones in iTunes.

Thanks again to everyone who helped!

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
they talk about pulling content from the phone such as call logs, SMS conversations, etc.,
By the way, do you remember where you found the info about pulling content like SMS conversations, or how to do it?