Odds the iPhone 3G will be sold out iDay2?

Listerman

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
I want to camp out but I wont have the opportunity to. What are the chances I can walk in to the Apple store Friday night and purchase the new iPhone?

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I really don't think they will run out. Apple is hoping for a iday like the first iPhone with the new price break. But I don't think it willl. But I must also say that I will be camping out just for the fun of it.

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
I am really on the fence, was price the main reason for not getting the iPhone before? Even at 400? I thought it was worth the 400. Not sure the price decrease will make the impact they are hoping for. Ill be getting one, thats for sure, but I guess we'll see. I still think it is years beyond anything out there.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I just don't see the excitement building behind this release that we saw last June. I've got a feeling that lines will be there, but not to the extent of iDay.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
Well the only prob is that this year they are going to be selling the iPhone in a lot more countries around the world so they might have less of a stock than they had last year

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Well the only prob is that this year they are going to be selling the iPhone in a lot more countries around the world so they might have less of a stock than they had last year
Maybe so. I remember the AT&T store I went to only had 50 and sold them all the first day.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
My prediction is most Apple and At&t store will sell out by day 2.
Mostly because of the price reduction. 599 on the first iday for 8 gig and now 199 for 8gig and a much improved phone (IMO), every teen will want one, most existing iPhone owners will probably buy one, and everybody who was ever on the fence about it could now indulge their curiosity without it breaking them.
All that and the fact that most people will have received a stimulus check from the government this year and earmarked it for something they always wanted (hmm , wonder what could that be) could mean big shortages in a small amount of time.

H

Hayesimus

Mostly because of the price reduction. 599 on the first iday for 8 gig and now 199 for 8gig and a much improved phone (IMO), every teen will want one, most existing iPhone owners will probably buy one, and everybody who was ever on the fence about it could now indulge their curiosity without it breaking them.
All that and the fact that most people will have received a stimulus check from the government this year and earmarked it for something they always wanted (hmm , wonder what could that be) could mean big shortages in a small amount of time.
MUCH improved? Hardly. Its a step up in a few aspects and a step down in just as many. I'm stillbtrying to decide if its worth it. I had decided it was not, but sure enough, the week my warranty is up, there is a spec of a nick in my screen. So that has made me want the new one. But if I could get a 16gig V1 then I'd probablyw pick that one.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm not so sure that most teens will want one. Most teens are interested in texting plans but not data plans and they are also crazy about physical keyboards more than virtual keyboards. I think the MS Exchange support will be even bigger than the initial price decrease.