% of battery left?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

daziphone

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus OH
I see others on here talk about (%) of battery time. I see the very small white battery indicator in the top right bar of my screen and I see the large battery indicator with green when I plug it in to charge. How do you tell the (%) left when not plugged in? Does it actually show a percentage mark anywhere or is it just a "best guess"?

Edit: Also, if I run my iPhone down to the low battery warning, aproxamatly how mush time do I have before I have to plug it in? What actually happens if I let it run down to nothing, go off. Will it hurt the iPhone?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I see others on here talk about (%) of battery time. I see the very small white battery indicator in the top right bar of my screen and I see the large battery indicator with green when I plug it in to charge. How do you tell the (%) left when not plugged in? Does it actually show a percentage mark anywhere or is it just a "best guess"?

Edit: Also, if I run my iPhone down to the low battery warning, aproxamatly how mush time do I have before I have to plug it in? What actually happens if I let it run down to nothing, go off. Will it hurt the iPhone?
The low battery warning is the only thing that shows the percentage.

It is good to let it run down completely every now and then.

The time left after the warning depends what you are doing. If you are surfing usng w-fi it wont last ling after the 20% warning. Maybe a half an hour tops. Just normal phone use; a few hours before it dies.