# of iPhone's you've went through so far

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mikeKICKz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
SAN DIEGO
i just want to know how many times your phone messed up on you and what were the problems. today i went to Apple store to get my 4th iPhone. here are my reasons.

1st. my purchased iPhone for iDay Froze and wasn't able to tap to make calls.

2nd. the right side bezel went a little pushed out and was very sharp. also i wasn't able to sync to my iTunes.

3rd. whice i replaced today. i wasn't able to hear when i answered the phone vice versa. thats was at random times. and when i backspace it would delete each letter instead of one letter.

now i'm on my 4th iPhone. its a reconditioned one. the others were swapped with new one. ehh.

and i did hard restores to all of them before making my appointments with genius. i just have to say that Apple warranty for the first year is something you have to take advantage of and Apple care plan is a must.

Jul 24, 2007
I am also on my fourth phone...

My first one had a terrible echo to the caller

the next one, I was listening to music and the speaker blew

The third one stopped vibrating

now I have a brand new shiny phone again, for now...

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Both my daughter and I are on our originals purchased on iDay. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems.

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I'm on my third one. The first one got the dreaded repair needed message. The second one was brought back when the earpiece stopped working. Both times I received BRAND NEW (watch them a open a new iPhone retail box) phones and if I were you I would have demanded a brand new one.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
im actually on my 2nd one. there was nothing wrong with my first 4gb one except that i had bought it only 4 days before the price drop. so i figured i could still return it and get a 8gb one for less that i paid. :p

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am on my 2nd.

My first one bricked while doing a reset. I was TICKED and demanded a new phone as I personally thought it was unacceptable that the whole thing would have to be restored within the first week.

My 2nd one is a champ.

jel231

Aug 12, 2007
First off I wanna say I'm new the forum and it has been very helpful so far. I purchased my first phone about a month ago and I am on my third one. The first one had the back casing come loose and almost came completely off, it was replaced with one that would not vibrate, and so far my third one is ok other than the fact when trying to sync it for the first time I got nothing but error 1604 for about an hour which was corrected by the few resets.

Aug 30, 2007
Bothell, WA
I bought two iPhones about 6 weeks ago and I have only had a problem with one of them. A lot of times while I'm browsing the internet it just closes and goes back to the home screen. I am just living with it for now because I really don't want to take it in and have them send me a refurbished phone with someone else's problems.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
iam on my 36th one, none of them have GPS so I keep returning them... does anyone else have this problem!?!?!?

for real though, Iam still on my first one ^^ I got it on july 5th

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
i just want to know how many times your phone messed up on you and what were the problems. today i went to Apple store to get my 4th iPhone. here are my reasons.

1st. my purchased iPhone for iDay Froze and wasn't able to tap to make calls.

2nd. the right side bezel went a little pushed out and was very sharp. also i wasn't able to sync to my iTunes.

3rd. whice i replaced today. i wasn't able to hear when i answered the phone vice versa. thats was at random times. and when i backspace it would delete each letter instead of one letter.

now i'm on my 4th iPhone. its a reconditioned one. the others were swapped with new one. ehh.

and i did hard restores to all of them before making my appointments with genius. i just have to say that Apple warranty for the first year is something you have to take advantage of and Apple care plan is a must.
First one purchased on iDay. Functions great. Never leaves my hand. No scratches.

snarfdog

Aug 26, 2007
Southern California
I am on my second one only because the other day I lost my first one in our employee parking lot and of course no one turned it in :( So far everything works perfect even after jailbreaking the new one.