Off topic getting too popular

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
This is hypocritacal for me to post what I am going to post but I have to say it. Has anyone else noticed the abundence of off topic posts lately? I wish I could post a link with how many "new posts" were off topic. At least 12 to 15. I am tryin to get some knowledge about my phone and the only I can donthat is soft through all the off topic posts and find the ones of importance. I still love this place, check it everyday. IMHO.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hehe, Matt. Have a bad day? ;)

Is there a particular question of yours that has gone unanswered?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think most of the site is off-topic, only threads in this forum are actually in the correct place.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Psylicon, there is no question of mine that need answering. Cosmo has been amazing at nswerinf all my external hard drive questions.

I realize that there is going to be a lot of off topic, but we need am update or something to talk about. I am not trying to get in an argument I just like to know everything I can aboutthis phone. I might jailbreak it to give me something to do...
OJ. killer is with an"er" no just an "a". I'm surprised no one caught that earlier!

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
If there was no off topic their would be no iCafe
and an angel would lose her wings
do you want an angel to lose her wings
do you really want that?
sick bastard.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Tar is what red bull is for. Red bull gives you wings. Remember?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I have no idea how someone could complain about other people enjoying side-conversations in the Off-Topic thread....I would understand if there were increaseing amounts of Off-Topic posts in the iPhone or iPhone 3G threads, but our interest in the Off-Topic thread shouldn't be a problem for anyone. I am sorry we all do not pander to your needs on this website.:confused:

There are tons of existing threads, and I highly doubt there are any features that have gone un-discussed to this point. Perhaps you need new releases or features to talk about, I get it.

P.S. - not trying to argue...just have never seen someone get frustrated at an Off-Topic section for being Off-Topic before.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Psylicon, there is no question of mine that need answering. Cosmo has been amazing at nswerinf all my external hard drive questions.

I realize that there is going to be a lot of off topic, but we need am update or something to talk about. I am not trying to get in an argument I just like to know everything I can aboutthis phone. I might jailbreak it to give me something to do...
OJ. killer is with an"er" no just an "a". I'm surprised no one caught that earlier!
Are you kidding me? Obviously I spelled Killer the way I wanted to...Its like me now saying that you can't even spell the state you live in....
it's spelled...Wisconsin.

The difference is that you DON'T know the difference between to and too and most likely two, as well. O well, sorry I mentioned it in your off topic thread complaining about off topic threads....

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
oj, you missed an apostraphe.

I quit correcting peoples' grammar on the internet long ago...it's a losing battle.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
tex, I never was complaining. I was just saying a month ago there were a ton a questions and new information and now we post in off topic. That does not mean that imam complaining. I am active in many off topic threads and to be honest love them all. I get to see what intrests people and get to know them.
I did not for this thread to be English class or me "complaining" I was just giving my opinion. I love you guys. I love this forum. Let's keeps it real.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Back in the days before tons of people joined EiC there was a thread asking why the Off Topic never gets any action. Interesting to see how the tides have changed.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Can't the man just voice an opinion? Everyone needs to loosen up a bit.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Wow lol. Everyone keeps correcting each other while having mistakes in their own posts.

...just thought that was a little funny.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Wow lol. Everyone keeps correcting each other while having mistakes in their own posts.

...just thought that was a little funny.
that's why it's a losing (and boring) battle.

i even went to a jesuit high school, where grammar is just about everything. Who gives a crap if someone forgot an 'o', or can't remember to use there or their... discounting someone's main point by drawing attention to a minor grammatical error is not quite valid, imo.

we are not writing formal essays or for a publication here, so i suggest if you want to pick apart grammar, head on over to an english web forum.