offer steve jobs your thanks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cflamm

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
for all who wrote to steve jobs complaining of the iPhone price drop, it might be nice to write back and thank him for the $100 store credit.

he didn't have to do that.

i thanked him, saying my faith has been restored, and it has.

and please, no comments from those who complained that some of us were "whinning" in the first place. it won't be necessary.

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
HAHA I have no intentions on thanking him for playing the masses to make even more money,

see my thread in General Discussion. Great way to for Jobs to calm down everyone who doesn't think passed the credit.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
No intentions to thank him either, yah he did offer a little something to smooth ruffled feathers but not enough to make me thank him. He did step up and he is bringing up Apple reputation by doing so but also he is making money from us on this deal. He should be apologizing for this shameful way of doing businesss and deserves no thanks in return if he isn't fully compensating. He is merely unruffling feathers and will make money off it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I did so as soon as I found out. I sent a letter through the iPhone story column on Apple's site saying that what they did really was a smart move and that I appreciate what they did for us.

All faith and loyalty restored here.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
no need to talk like that here. remember, no offensive messages to members. and IMO
i don't think i should thanks him, surely he give us 100 dollars refund next week, but haven't you come to think that we spent a lil more than that? just 2 months ago.
i understand that technology gets cheaper over time, but now everywhere i go, i either get bashed by people from work or my friends saying" i told you so, you shouldve wait"
its not that the money is the primary concern, its the reputation of owning an iPhone, and for those who bought the iPhone on the iday, i know for sure you think the same.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
no need to talk like that here. remember, no offensive messages to members. and IMO
i don't think i should thanks him, surely he give us 100 dollars refund next week, but haven't you come to think that we spent a lil more than that? just 2 months ago.
i understand that technology gets cheaper over time, but now everywhere i go, i either get bashed by people from work or my friends saying" i told you so, you shouldve wait"
its not that the money is the primary concern, its the reputation of owning an iPhone, and for those who bought the iPhone on the iday, i know for sure you think the same.
I totally agree with you!

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
"Reputation" WOW. I certainly didn't fork over $600 to be "one of a kind" or "have the latest gadget" I got it on iDay cause I really liked the product. I got "bashed" too, but I didn't tkae anyhting of it cause that's how technology works. I agreed with people it was a lot to take off in such short amount of time, but I said it was a good businesss strategy to try to get it competitively priced for the holiday season and other phones that will copy it.

The $100 was a nice surprise and should restore faith in the Apple brand for the fan boys out their, but to still be sour after everything in the last 2 days.....man this just means you may be the typical american who can't afford things, but buys them anyway and is angry when someone else can afford it or can get it cheaper....tisk tisk

That's nice of you guys to write back to Jobs. He'll appreciate it and is well deserved for doing something for a loyal fan base:cool:

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Knock the opinions down not the user :)

Sort of like if a schizophrenic person tries to kill you, love on them, they aren't aware of what they are doing.
Ok well sort of lol

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
"Reputation" WOW. I certainly didn't fork over $600 to be "one of a kind" or "have the latest gadget" I got it on iDay cause I really liked the product. I got "bashed" too, but I didn't tkae anyhting of it cause that's how technology works. I agreed with people it was a lot to take off in such short amount of time, but I said it was a good businesss strategy to try to get it competitively priced for the holiday season and other phones that will copy it.

The $100 was a nice surprise and should restore faith in the Apple brand for the fan boys out their, but to still be sour after everything in the last 2 days.....man this just means you may be the typical american who can't afford things, but buys them anyway and is angry when someone else can afford it or can get it cheaper....tisk tisk

That's nice of you guys to write back to Jobs. He'll appreciate it and is well deserved for doing something for a loyal fan base:cool:
You don't want to be lumped in with the "showoff" buyers on iDay, but you group everyone together that doesn't think Steve is "Great" now as "typical american who can't afford things, but buys them anyway and is angry when someone else can afford it or can get it cheaper"?!

First off, the "whiners", like me, aren't complaining about the price reduction, we're complaining about how we, as the customers that helped Apple create it's iPhone success, were treated.

Second,
No, I'm not even gonna bother with you on the "cheap, poor, American" thing.

Finally, like the others who've been honest in this thread, I have no intentions of "Thanking" Steve either. While I appreciate the offer, and acknowledge he stepped up and admitted he was wrong, it's a token effort and he had to be shamed and forced into even this minor concession.

Without the Press, without the stock drop, without the email complaints, without the threat from the credit card companies, there's no WAY we'd have even gotten a "sorry" outta Apple. (And this was proven last night, when Steve himself said "too bad, it's technology" in his interview)

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
If there is someone I will thank it is CNN, fox, all US newspapers and the thousands of angry iPhone owners.
Steve Jobs didn't do us a favor. Jobs did what he could to clean up Apple's reputation.
No way I'm gonna thank him. And thanking him for what? For allowing me to spend more money in its stores?

kimirike

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
If there is someone I will thank it is CNN, fox, all US newspapers and the thousands of angry iPhone owners.
Steve Jobs didn't do us a favor. Jobs did what he could to clean up Apple's reputation.
No way I'm gonna thank him. And thanking him for what? For allowing me to spend more money in its stores?
I agree with everything you said.

$100 credit I know I'll just end up purchasing a new Mac when Lepord comes out.... My money back to Apple!

axhoaxho

Jul 3, 2007
Nothing to thank Steve Jobs still. Let's think...

... Instead of being ripped off of $200 in less than two months, now we are being ripped off of $100 in less than two months...

Why should we thank Steve for ripping us off $100 instead of $200?

It is fair enough, but still not great...

:(

ahaxton

Aug 5, 2007
Nothing to thank Steve Jobs still. Let's think...

... Instead of being ripped off of $200 in less than two months, now we are being ripped off of $100 in less than two months...

Why should we thank Steve for ripping us off $100 instead of $200?

It is fair enough, but still not great...

:(

In Jobs' head hes ripping us off for now 300 or more when all the figured get drawn up.

Minus profit margins, and overspending because of a rebate = second Christmas for Jobs

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
for all who wrote to steve jobs complaining of the iPhone price drop, it might be nice to write back and thank him for the $100 store credit.

he didn't have to do that.

i thanked him, saying my faith has been restored, and it has.

and please, no comments from those who complained that some of us were "whinning" in the first place. it won't be necessary.
I wrote Steve a thanks email, just a minute ago. I think it was great, as well as right what he did. He is once again the great, reputable, trustworthy, guy, I always thought he was. Thanks Again, Steve...M:)

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
You don't want to be lumped in with the "showoff" buyers on iDay, but you group everyone together that doesn't think Steve is "Great" now as "typical american who can't afford things, but buys them anyway and is angry when someone else can afford it or can get it cheaper"?!

First off, the "whiners", like me, aren't complaining about the price reduction, we're complaining about how we, as the customers that helped Apple create it's iPhone success, were treated.

Second,

Finally, like the others who've been honest in this thread, I have no intentions of "Thanking" Steve either. While I appreciate the offer, and acknowledge he stepped up and admitted he was wrong, it's a token effort and he had to be shamed and forced into even this minor concession.

Without the Press, without the stock drop, without the email complaints, without the threat from the credit card companies, there's no WAY we'd have even gotten a "sorry" outta Apple. (And this was proven last night, when Steve himself said "too bad, it's technology" in his interview)
I assume you have never done anything wrong, or made a bad decision, then decided to rectify it, after giving thought to your mistake. Why don't all of you, just let it go! You have more today than you had yesterday, in my book, that is ALWAYS a good day! M:)

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA

Second,

I agree! I wrote my nasty gram to Apple to convey how I felt and now, after we have received word of a refund coming next week, I will not be thanking Steve-o. Although my faith has been somewhat restored, Mr. Jobs needs to know that WE, who remain loyal to buying his products, are still hurt by his bad customer retention policies and that WE will continue to keep an eye on his company! After a time has passed, perhaps then he will warrant a thank you.

FW

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I assume you have never done anything wrong, or made a bad decision, then decided to rectify it, after giving thought to your mistake. Why don't all of you, just let it go! You have more today than you had yesterday, in my book, that is ALWAYS a good day! M:)

Things are different for a company. There are board meetings, think tanks and corporate attorneys that ideas are bounced off of. When an individual person makes a mistake, thats understandable. We apologize and move on. A company should know better, since it has resources to analyze and critique its decisions before they ever reach the news and their customers!

FW

H

hax

Things are different for a company. There are board meetings, think tanks and corporate attorneys that ideas are bounced off of. When an individual person makes a mistake, thats understandable. We apologize and move on. A company should know better, since it has resources to analyze and critique its decisions before they ever reach the news and their customers!

FW
Yes, no thanking needed, as it was a for profit move. The only thing that included early adopters in their conversation was it'll shut them up and make them millions more.