Office 365 Contacts and MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ivantwilliams, Nov 29, 2014.

1. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I'm sure that this is something simple I'm missing.
    I've added my Office 365 account, as Exchange to my MacBook Pro (the latest OS). Contacts is selected in the account settings, albeit, when using iMessage, none of my Contacts names show up to thus send an iMessage to.

Have I set it up wrong, or is there an issue with Office 365? Thanks in advance

2. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

3. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Update: (copy of a post I posted in an Apple thread, where others are having the same issue).

I'm a first time MAC user as of 29th November. And the first issue I came across was my Office 365 (Enterprise Plan 1) Contacts not syncing with my MacBook.

The Contacts works fine with an iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus, just not a MacBook. And, to confirm, it doesn't work with Mavericks or Yosemite (10.10 or 10.10.1).
    I've spent countless hours on the phone with Apple and Microsoft. Both are saying the issue is with the other.
    Based on the test I've performed thus far, the issue seems to be with Microsoft.

Why?

I have an Outlook.com account, too. I can't even set that up as an Exchange on the MacBook. The one time I was lucky to do so, the same issue with Contacts, it wouldn't sync.

Getting this resolved will be interesting...

4. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Thus far I've experienced a few issues here and there. Albeit, time to return the MacBook. I'll stick with my current desktop and upgrade certain components...