Official Acura Bluetooth and iPhone compatibility discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

4thchild

Jul 5, 2007
just wanted others to know that the bluetooth on the iPhone works great with the Acura MDX Handsfrees link systems.:laugh2:

Jun 25, 2007
Works great on my 05 TL. I don't see an option to import contacts, but it paired up the 1st try and both the signal strength and battery strength levels display on the dash.

causefx

Jul 5, 2007
Works great on my 05 TL. I don't see an option to import contacts, but it paired up the 1st try and both the signal strength and battery strength levels display on the dash.
im not sure if its the same as the 07 but on the nav unit, hit the Info button below the steup button. then tap on the cellular phonebook and you can import from there.

jeanne

Jul 12, 2007
Can't pair with my TL

For some reason, my iPhone won't pair with my 2006 Acura TL--My phone says "discoverable" and searching, but never picks up the Bluetooth in the car. Any ideas?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
For some reason, my iPhone won't pair with my 2006 Acura TL--My phone says "discoverable" and searching, but never picks up the Bluetooth in the car. Any ideas?
Is there a menu on the Acura's Bluetooth to "search"? Might try initiating the pairing via the car rather than the iPhone initiating the pairing -- if that makes sense.;)

jeanne

Jul 12, 2007
Acura pairing problem

Yes--you initiate the pairing by saying "Phone setup" in the Handsfree mode. When I do this, it says "no phone is found. Return to the main menu."
And on my iPhone the "Handfreelink" does not show up as a device on the phone to select.
Thanks

causefx

Jul 5, 2007
What i did was:

Hit the HFL button and say "phone setup"
then hit it again and say "Pair"
Make sure your on the bluetooth setup screen on your iPhone and it says Discoverable...
it should then find it and will ask you to say a 4 digit pin number... then the iPhone will ask you for the same pin. i hope it works for you :)

jeanne

Jul 12, 2007
I have tried that exact method many times. For some reason my phone is not recognizing the bluetooth on my Acura I think. The phone says "discoverable" and "searching" but does not pick up the car bluetooth. When I say "phonesetup" and "pair" I just get "no phones were found." It is frustrating . . I know it should work. I will keep trying.
Jeanne
Thanks for your help.

jeanne

Jul 12, 2007
Yes! Success! I tried it again today and it finally worked. I know know if this had anything to do with it, but I paired my phone first with my iBook just to make sure there wasn't a problem with the phone. Then, I tried again to pair the phone with my Acura and it worked fine the first time. It works great now--even better than with my previous Treo.

Gigstylez

Jul 10, 2007
call from iPhone then transfer to Handsfree Link not working

when I make a call from the phone then I see the option to choose Handsfree Link, iPhone, or speaker. Choosing bluetooth Handsfree Link does not work for me. Pressing the talk button on the steering then saying, "transfer" will not work as well. Anyone having the same problem? I have a 2006 TL.

Spike99

Jul 20, 2007
Will not autopair

I have a Acura TL 2004. I am able to pair my iPhone with the bluetooth but I have a problem. The initial set-up is fine and I'm able to make/receive calls. When i leave and come back the next day, the phone does not automatically connect/pair. If i do the pairing process again it works but again, it does not automatically pair the next day... I have 2 iPhone's and they both have the same issue....

Note: previously I had a Motorola RAZR and it worked fine.

Any ideas ?

Gigstylez

Jul 10, 2007
I have a Acura TL 2004. I am able to pair my iPhone with the bluetooth but I have a problem. The initial set-up is fine and I'm able to make/receive calls. When i leave and come back the next day, the phone does not automatically connect/pair. If i do the pairing process again it works but again, it does not automatically pair the next day... I have 2 iPhone's and they both have the same issue....

Note: previously I had a Motorola RAZR and it worked fine.

Any ideas ?
I had the same problem. Doing a soft reset solved the problem for me.

Gigstylez

Jul 10, 2007
Hold the the power/lock and home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. You'll see "Slide to power off". Ignore this and continue to hold. Your phone will reboot.

Spike99

Jul 20, 2007
Hold the the power/lock and home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. You'll see "Slide to power off". Ignore this and continue to hold. Your phone will reboot.
I tried resetting phone as you suggested and also shutting it down and turning it on... but unfortunately it did not work for me...

I re-paired the phone and I saw that it was connected to car but after reseting phone... It disconnected but it did not re-connect... Argh !

Any other ideas ? :laugh2:

thegate

Jul 25, 2007
Trouble with Cellular Phonebook & Acura MDX 2007 with NAV

I was able to import my iPhones cellular phonebook in the NAV system (2007 MDX ) and use it for a few minutes to make calls and then I could not even use my iPhone at all on the Hands free link! When I tried to use the iPhone the car screamed back - NO PHONE AVAILABLE. Bottom line is I had to delete my iPhone from hands free link and then pair it up again - ths took multiple efforts but now I can use the iPhone through handsfreelink and when I press INFO the contacts are no longer in the Nav system... anyone else experience this or have any thoughts? The Acura dealer said he has heard of this happening with other phones

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
i can not pair the iPhone with my mdx b/c i don't have bluetooth in my car DANG

it is an 2001 with pretty much everything on in like navigation wood interior but the bluetooth option did not come out till the 2004 model

(but i still love my mdx)

my dad has an 2007 tl (great car) and we tried to set it up but i got pissed off at the handsfree b/c instead of listening to what i said (phone setup) it changed the radio station

Spike99

Jul 20, 2007
Unfortunately, I am still unable to pair my iPhone with my 2004 acura TL... (It does not automatically pair when phone is restarted). I have tried to unpair and pair it several times. I have deleted my iPhone from acura's list and pair it again.... :( The only thing I can think of... is possibly updating the software... I had noticed the software version and the database version is from 2003. I'm gonna see if these can be updated to the latest version... hopefully this will work...