Official Acura Bluetooth and iPhone compatibility discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4thchild, Jul 5, 2007.

1. smagoon

smagoon New Member

Handsfree voicemail

I have my iPhone successfuly paired with the Handsfree Link in my 05 TL. I can make and receive calls fin. However when I can't listen to voice mails. If while listening to the voice mail on the iPhone I press the Audio button I can see that HandsFree Link is selected but the HandsFree Link is not engaged on the Acura. If I prss the Hands Free Link on the car and say "Transfer" I am told there is no call in process. Has anyone overcome this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

SM

2. ZENO

ZENO New Member

I'm guessing that u are transfering your phone number from someone other than ATT. If true did u "delete" the old pairing? Check to see by saying "phonesetup" then "list" if your old phone is there go back and after "phonesetup" say "delete" and delete your old phone. THEN repeat the pairing process. I had exactly your symptoms and I spent 1/2 hour trying everything. After running the battery on my 05 Acura RL dead I started over with the above proceedure and --- HOPEFULLY! I have found the answer. I have my fingers crossed.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. dhjdhj

dhjdhj New Member

Grief with Acura RL and iPhone

While my iPhone does work with bluetooth in my 2005 Acura RL, I've run into some odd issues
    1) When it pairs, I am always prompted whether I want "set up my phone", which seems to have something to do with linking to an Acura server somewhere. I've no idea what the heck it's trying to do but I've never been able to get it to connect. In any case, I'm not sure why I would ever WANT such a connection.
    So my first question is, how do I get the car to STOP asking for this setup?

2) Occasionally, the prompt (as described above) actually HANGS the system and I have to restart (reboot) my car to fix it. All the more reason to get the car to stop asking about this.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

5. o2bnsfo

o2bnsfo New Member

Importing Phonebook

Hi all,

Just joined the chat and I've seen a couple of mentions about importing the iPhone contacts list into the Acura using the nav system. I have an '06 TL with nav but I can't seem to figure out how to do that. Is there a step by step instruction somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

6. o2bnsfo

o2bnsfo New Member

Just found the answer to my own question. Posting here in case anyone else is wondering. According to the person I spoke with at HandsFreeLink, the '06 TL I own is not able to import contacts. That feature was put in the '07 cars. Rats.

7. Malibu

Malibu New Member

Acura 2008 TL

The 2008 Acura TL website shows that they are still testing the car with the iPhone. Anyone buy one yet?

8. Leon

Leon New Member

Grief with Acura RL and iPhone

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. It asks for the setup information over and over. I also had to stop and restart the car once. The next time I managed to use the "Hangup" key to get out of it.

I'm trying to figure out what the manual setup parameters are from Acura/Apple. If I find them I'll post them here.
    Leon

9. 722ish

722ish Member

I joined the site for the same problem. I had a sony ericsson prior to this and it worked flawlessly.

I have a 2005 TL/navi, and i can't figure out what to do with it now.. I got the phone to connect once, and never again. I updated the phone on iTunes, and it offered a 1.12 or whatever. Has this been a solution for anyone with the acura bluetooth problems? I drive so much i need this, it was the stipulation that allowed me to buy the iPhone, otherwise i would have kept my prior one.

thanks
    Mark

10. Malibu

Malibu New Member

iPhone on 2008 Acura TL

Hi everyone,
    Just got the 2008 Acura TL and successfuly paired it at the dealer yesterday when I bought the car. If you want any help, ask for Abe 714/669-9900, he was the salesperson.

11. 177ike

177ike New Member

my iPhone has been paired with my 2007 TL Type S for a few months now. Initially i had problems pairing the phone and importing contacts. After trying multiple ways of pairing my phone, I was able to get it set up perfectly with full functionality. Being able to import contacts is great, but i never use that function anyway since the people i most often call are already stored in my handsfree voice dialing. Although, i can see how it could be useful for someoene in sales or something where you are always having to contact clients, etc.

Nevertheless, having auxilary inputs for the ipod function of the phone and bluethooth have worked flawlessly.

Mike

12. Nervion

Nervion New Member

iPod Auxiliary input for Acura

Mike, I read your post above and was wondering what you mean with Aux imput or the iPod function. I see the Acura radio has a Aux button, but how do you connect the iPod/iPhone to it?

An additional question in the theme of the topic: didn't have any problem pairing the iPhone. It is however a model without NAV, so importing contacts won't work. Is there a way to transfer calls initiated from the phone to the car other than saying "transfer" and risking sounding funny to the person getting the call?

Greatly appreciate any insights!

13. happy_babyblues2

happy_babyblues2 New Member

Pairing with Acura 2006 TL

I am now having the same issue with my new iPhone - I guess you have to be persistent and eventually it pairs with the car.

14. bschneider

bschneider New Member

That's because when you check your voicemail, you're not actually making a phonecall, you're simple accessing a file on the iPhone that contains the message. This also explains how you can listen to individual voicemails instead of all of them just to get to one of them and how you can rewind them with the slide of the touch screen.

Bschneider

15. bschneider

bschneider New Member

Sounds to me like your dad has a car that has NAV and you're pressing the voice command button instead of the HFL(phone) button. The Voice Comm button is the one behind steering wheel and the HFL is the BIG ONE on the front left side of the wheel. That button has nothing to do with the radio station.

16. bschneider

bschneider New Member

Time to get an '07 or an '08

17. bschneider

bschneider New Member

By pressing "audio source" on your phone during the call, this will then give you the option to transfer the call to the phone via the earpiece or the speakerphone, this also works for transferring the call back from the phone to the car.

18. lb323

lb323 New Member

'04 TL Bluetooth Resolution!

OK, after reading all issues with Acura TL and iPhone....talking to Acura Handsfree Link 800 # reps.....going into an Apple store....and calling all tech's I could think of...I marched into my Acura dealer, with the blessings of Apple and Handsfree reps, and told them that my Acura was not holding the pairing. They were to do whatever was necessary to make the phone pair with the car and HOLD THE PAIRING! 3 Hours later, they ordered a NEW bluetooth computer chip for my car. I returned 4 days later, dropped off my car, was given a comp loaner...and....2 hours later, I had an iPhone that worked with my Acura ALL THE TIME. Acura did not charge me a dime! They were GREAT! But, I did have names, dates, times, and phone numbers to back up my request.

19. Newsguy

Newsguy New Member

Work-around for 2004 Acura TL and Handsfree Link

I've found a work-around that allows me to use my iPhone (software V. 1.1.2) with my 2004 Acura TL with Navigation. I wanted to see if there was a workable alternative to getting the Bluetooth chip replaced in the car. I called the very pleasant folks at Handsfree Link and successfuly tried one of their suggestions:
    After starting the car, press the telephone button and say "next phone"
    After searching for a few seconds, the voice will say something like "no bluetooth phone found, returning to main menu"
    A few seconds later, it returns to the main menu...and the iPhone is linked to the car!
    I tried this four times and it worked flawlessly every time.

20. rr7922

rr7922 New Member
    Bronze

It Works Great With My 07tl -- Loving It!

21. Gustavo74

Gustavo74 New Member

Did you solve your problem?

Hi, i am from Guatemala, I have the same problem with mi 2006 TSX. I want to know if you find a solution for this problem. (sorry for my poor english). Please let me know.