Official Android Facebook App Sends User's Phone Numbers to Facebook Server Without Consent

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Agree, I'd find this annoying if not that I use two factor authentication for both Facebook and Google.

And in any case my cell number is one of my least personal items of info stored with Facebook.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
It's upsetting that Facebook on Android does that, however I do not believe that we do have any sort of privacy or ultimate control when using any gadgets in general. I have read many articles regarding that, with the most recent one being by NYDailyNews where Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, spoke about the lack of privacy in today's world and how governments claim to fight terrorism and such in order to gain access to our private lives. As for me, I barely have any real 'private' items on my device. I'd be upset if Facebook automatically uploads pictures I take on my device without asking me first, however as iP5 said, my phone number is honestly the least of my worries because I did share it on Facebook myself before.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/q-apple-co-founder-steve-wozniak-article-1.1381875

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I was reading that. Stressing. I was getting ready to sell this thing. Then I read at the end that the galaxay s4 had it fixed. Whew.

sent from my galaxay s4 active with pos Android os. horrible.
I think you should still sell it and get a proper device (iPhone 5) :D