Official Apple iPhone 5 Launch Event

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
Whatever the experts & reviews say, I feel that a physical hands-on is the best to decide on whether I should purchase the iP5 or not.

I'm already deciding to switch to.. Ehem.. An Android phone but I'll still get the new iPod touch. Much more worth it at $SGD 398 for 32GB. And it's pretty similar to the new iPhone 5, just that it has slightly lower specs.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
looking for tech specs on the A5 and A6 chip and the batteries
Please
Most tech blogs are saying the A6 Soc will have the dual core ARM Cortex A15 CPU which is considered a beast. If true, Apple will be the first to include this in a mass produced mobile device. They also say the GPU is a Rogue chip which is unbelievable.:eek:

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I think the new phone looks AWESOME.

Gonna get one for my wife too. Have to figure out what that is gonna take.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm right here. I was wrong. Again. I didn't think last year's model would be called the iPhone 4S and I didn't think this one would be called the iPhone 5. My iPhone name prediction skills really suck. You, on the other hand, are quite good at this! You got them both right and my hat goes off to you. (y) You should have bet me that $100! I always make good on my bets. :p
I know! I should have bet you. Dang! I'm just having a little fun......nothing serious people. I did get her to post tho :)

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Most tech blogs are saying the A6 Soc will have the dual core ARM Cortex A15 CPU which is considered a beast. If true, Apple will be the first to include this in a mass produced mobile device. They also say the GPU is a Rogue chip which is unbelievable.:eek:
Sounds like the Exynos 5250. Thought Apple was dumping Samsung as the SoC supplier. Guess not.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Sounds like the Exynos 5250. Thought Apple was dumping Samsung as the SoC supplier. Guess not.
They are similar and rumor has it Samsung will have the Exynos 5 in a device in 2013.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I didn't know the iPhone didn't have panoramic shots. Really? No app for it until the iP5?

My one hope is the thing is completely problem free bluetooth wise.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I really wish we would have gotten an LED indicator. :-(
No thanks. And technically you can make your flash indicate when you have a message. Annoying if you ask me. I like to sleep

iprncess

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
No thanks. And technically you can make your flash indicate when you have a message. Annoying if you ask me. I like to sleep
Tried it, the flash is obnoxious. The LED on my work BB never hinders my sleep and it can always be disabled. Pretty simple...

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Tried it, the flash is obnoxious. The LED on my work BB never hinders my sleep and it can always be disabled. Pretty simple...
I was totally with you until you said BB. First rule of eic is no BB.

LED notification is so 2003. The message is important enough that you need to know its there but not important enough to pick up your phone and check? Come on.