Official Audi Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boofzana, Jul 6, 2007.

1. boofzana

boofzana New Member

Hi All,

Checking to see if anyone got the iPhone to work with Audi A4 (mine's 2006) to work with bluetooth? I'm having problems.

Thanks

2. eplantz

eplantz Member
    Bronze

2006 A6

numerous messages here and on Apple forums about Audi.

It works for me only if I leave the phone screen on (i.e. I turn off the option named auto-lock). When the phone goes to sleep, it turns off Bluetooth. So, keeping the phone on keeps it working. Contacts, dialing, receiving calls... all work.

3. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

Yup - same problem for me with my A4. But actually, mine goes off and on. The music pauses, I hear the dong, then a few minutes later, same thing. Very annoying. My Razr was perfect with this (although not so great beyond that).

4. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

5. compstreet

compstreet New Member

No BT Handshake with 2007 Q7 and iPhone

I'm having trouble getting my iPhone to even find the BT connection in my 2007 Q7 (just keeps searching). Anyone else having this problem?

6. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

I had to screw with mine a bit to do this the first time. Try shutting BT off on the phone, powering up the car (after it has been off for five minutes - I think the car is only discoverable for the first bit of time after it's been turned on) then turning BT on, and watching for the Audi. Worked for me.

As far as the larger problem, how is this nonsense possible? Did Apple not beta test any of this?

7. compstreet

compstreet New Member

Woo Hoo! Worked! - Thanks for the tip.

8. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

I actually helped someone on an iPhone! Kool!

9. todd1010

todd1010 New Member
    Bronze

Mine keeps disconnecting also but as I've read I can get a car power adaptor to change that.

One more thing:

Is there a way to get rid of or edit my contacts in Outlook so that it's not showing on they RNS-E screen the following information.

Joe Blow (123) 123-1234 (Mobile) Mobile

It seems to be doubling up on the type of call. I'd rather have it just show the name, number and what type of number it is. (mobile, home, businesss, etc.)

Does anyone know of a way to edit my contacts so that it doesn't show up like this on the nav screen?

10. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

In furtherance of the last question, is there also any way to get the addresses into the RNS-E so that I can use them for navigation?

Also, I got a car adapter and it does the trick on the Bluetooth front, although it's a pain to remember to plug my phone in each time I jump in the car. I hope Apple gets this fixed.

11. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

One more data point on this: it seems that if I plug my iPhone in before I put the key in and start the car, I don't get a Bluetooth connection. I have to wait until the car is on and the Bluetooth gets recognized, then plug the iPhone into my car charger, then all is fine.

12. eplantz

eplantz Member
    Bronze

I got the car charger for iPhone from ExtremeMac and don't have this problem. I plug in the FM transmitter (in headphone jack), charger and then start the car and it all works.

13. JeffBobula

JeffBobula New Member
    Bronze

Random, but I can't wait for my 2001.5 S4 to meet my iPhone! (Even though it doesn't have bluetooth, my Garmin does at least)

14. dongtea

dongtea New Member
    Bronze

OK - I haven't tried it too many times yet, but I think that the new update has fixed all of my Audi-BlueTooth issues.

I was having all kinds of issues and I kept having to turn BT off and on, and change passwords, etc. But now it's been just fine, with or without being plugged in while I'm driving.

I've got my fingers crossed.

15. eplantz

eplantz Member
    Bronze

I think it has improved mine as well. will take a few more days to be sure but it seems better than it was on my 2006 A6

16. SDel

SDel New Member

Audi A6 problems with Blutooth

Is anyone able to see your iPhone contacts in the phone book on the Audi screen. My bluetooth connection is fine, but I am unable to see my contacts in the phone book.

17. eplantz

eplantz Member
    Bronze

I see and use my contacts.

Audi 2006 A6

18. SDel

SDel New Member

Are you doing anything special? All I see on that screen are the directory assistance, PayBills etc. Do you think it has to do with how you downloaded the contacts? Mine went through the Apple address book. What about you?

19. eplantz

eplantz Member
    Bronze

Mine also came from the Apple address book.

As I recall, entries from the address book that did not have a phone number (or a number in the right place) do not appear on the Audi screen.

so, for example, address book items that are there only for street addresses, email addresses, etc. do not show up.

otherwise, the items that have a phone number show up and I can dial them, etc.

20. SDel

SDel New Member

Thanks for the continued help....I checked my phone and all my contacts have numbers. I even tried adding contacts with only numbers. Saving them differently every time as main / mobile / home. They still don't come up. I have an 2005 Audi A6. I was able to get my Palm treo to work, but so far no luck with the iPhone. Any more advise? :)