Official Audi Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Thanks for the continued help....I checked my phone and all my contacts have numbers. I even tried adding contacts with only numbers. Saving them differently every time as main / mobile / home. They still don't come up. I have an 2005 Audi A6. I was able to get my Palm treo to work, but so far no luck with the iPhone. Any more advise? :)
I set up a group in my Address Book called iPhone. I put only the entries I needed and made sure they had phone numbers in the WORK field. I then told iTunes to sync only that group. Beyond that, nothing special.

here is how it looked:

Attachments

SDel

Aug 28, 2007
I set up a group in my Address Book called iPhone. I put only the entries I needed and made sure they had phone numbers in the WORK field. I then told iTunes to sync only that group. Beyond that, nothing special.

here is how it looked:
Did just that and still no luck. Thanks for your input.;)

u2jrmw

Sep 6, 2007
How did this end up for you? I have an 06 A4 and would like to know if all this car charger stuff was actually fixed by the update?

Hi All,

Checking to see if anyone got the iPhone to work with Audi A4 (mine's 2006) to work with bluetooth? I'm having problems.

Thanks

Jdaudi3

Sep 16, 2007
should i

i have a 2007 audi a3 with the bluetooth in it. im planning to by an iPhone in october but hearing all these problems people r having im not sure i should. are these problems because the iPhone hasn't been hooked up right or would there be a why to fix it. wats your opinion. is it worth it. wat r the problems im going to have with the iPhone's bluetooth to my car.

thanks

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
i have a 2007 audi a3 with the bluetooth in it. im planning to by an iPhone in october but hearing all these problems people r having im not sure i should. are these problems because the iPhone hasn't been hooked up right or would there be a why to fix it. wats your opinion. is it worth it. wat r the problems im going to have with the iPhone's bluetooth to my car.

thanks

Don't worry, go ahead and get your iPhone. After that first update the iPhone works perfectly with the Audi Bluetooth.

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So I guess Visual voicemail doesn't work through the Audi BT, correct?

I've never used it before but I was just recently checking some voicemails using Visual Voicemail and it did not output the messages through my car speakers.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
So I guess Visual voicemail doesn't work through the Audi BT, correct?

I've never used it before but I was just recently checking some voicemails using Visual Voicemail and it did not output the messages through my car speakers.
did you try changing output to BT? while in voicemail menu, there is an option in the upper right, I think labeled output. it has a selection for BT Audi.

todd1010

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
It doesn't give you that option when you use visual voicemail only during normal calls or actually calling your voicemail box number. I believe you can press and hold to "1" button on the keypad also.

iDutch

Sep 8, 2007
Don't worry, go ahead and get your iPhone. After that first update the iPhone works perfectly with the Audi Bluetooth.
Everything was working fine after updating to 1.0.2, but lately (past week) i've been experiencing the same sh*t again during calls through Audi BT. I didn't upgrade to 1.1.1. but think it's strange... any clues?

Oct 13, 2007
Audi A6 with 2007 MMI software address book sync issue

I've the iPhone paired and fully functional in my car (2005 A6 w/ 2007 software). It reads the phone book, missed/dialed calls etc. The only thing it doesn't do is transfer the character (+) before the country code that my contacts have. For e.g. my Apple Address Book is setup with +44 for a contact in the UK. When synced with the car it leaves out the + which is very annoying. The number is correct in the iPhone though. Can anyone try and confirm this?

The issues I've been reading are mostly Audi MMI software related. I have (in Europe) version 3460 and the iPhone is on 1.02.

Jan 28, 2008
Audi ipod Dock and iPhone

I am purchasing a used Audi A4 this week. As part of the transaction, the Dealer has agreed to install a new Audi iPod dock in the glovebox (the car already has the Navigation system with SD cards - the ipod dock would replace the 6 CD changer).

I was all excited to have full integration of my iPhone and Audi but then began reading some reviews on this site which have me a little concerned.

Two questions I was hoping I could get guidance on.

1. Has anyone used the iPhone with the Audi ipod dock to play music? Will it display the name of the songs or just playlist 1 - 5 as some reports show (making its usefullness versus just using the SD cards included with Navigation system questionable)?

2. Does anyone have any experience with the reception ability of the iPhone if it is in the Audi's glove box? Dealer assures me there is no deteriation, but I find that hard to believe.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Kenlaji

Jan 16, 2008
Two questions I was hoping I could get guidance on.

1. Has anyone used the iPhone with the Audi ipod dock to play music? Will it display the name of the songs or just playlist 1 - 5 as some reports show (making its usefullness versus just using the SD cards included with Navigation system questionable)?

2. Does anyone have any experience with the reception ability of the iPhone if it is in the Audi's glove box? Dealer assures me there is no deteriation, but I find that hard to believe.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  1. Whether or not iPhone's playlists will display on the system depends on the Audi kit - basic Concert sound system will not (mine does not display it). Bose systems do, as I have seen it function.
  2. Reception is good from the glove box.

berckmap

Mar 4, 2008
iPhone sync with 2006/A6

Hi,

I've a new iPhone (with the last software version -1.1.4-) and it seems that the BT sync. of my iPhone PhoneBook as an issue. It synchronises only the phone# but not the names and not the PhoneBook. So I've the missed calls (only the phone numbers without the names), the incoming calls (only the phone#), etc... But no access to the PhoneBook (it's in gray in the green MMI Telephone Menu). How do I sync. my PhoneBook with my Audi ? I would like to have access to my iPhone PhoneBook through the MMI interface and the dashboard, and see names instead of phone numbers... Any idea ?

audiohhh

Apr 5, 2008
Hi,

I've a new iPhone (with the last software version -1.1.4-) and it seems that the BT sync. of my iPhone PhoneBook as an issue. It synchronises only the phone# but not the names and not the PhoneBook. So I've the missed calls (only the phone numbers without the names), the incoming calls (only the phone#), etc... But no access to the PhoneBook (it's in gray in the green MMI Telephone Menu). How do I sync. my PhoneBook with my Audi ? I would like to have access to my iPhone PhoneBook through the MMI interface and the dashboard, and see names instead of phone numbers... Any idea ?
I'm having the same issue. The guy at the dealer said it needs 10 minutes or so to download the contacts. I'm going on 1 hour now............it's always something

sarahb

May 10, 2008
I'm having trouble getting my iPhone to even find the BT connection in my 2007 Q7 (just keeps searching). Anyone else having this problem?
I am having trouble even getting my 2005 Audi A6 to recognize that I have an iPhone let alone trying to get the BT to work. Does anybody know if Audi has a patch or upgrade available from an 06/07/08 Audi model that can be used to make it work... or does the upgrade/patch come from Apple?... or any solutions that you might think would work?

shalation

Jun 12, 2008
I am having trouble even getting my 2005 Audi A6 to recognize that I have an iPhone let alone trying to get the BT to work. Does anybody know if Audi has a patch or upgrade available from an 06/07/08 Audi model that can be used to make it work... or does the upgrade/patch come from Apple?... or any solutions that you might think would work?
I'm having the same problem with my iPhone on an Audi A6 2006. But I think it is a problem with the car and not the iPhone because I tried other phones with the same result.

Do you have an integrated phone in your car?

Mine comes with an integrated phone (an actual phone inside the armrest).

Anybody has an integrated phone and managed to get his phone to connect to the MMI?

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Can anyone play their voicemail through their Audi Bluetooth? Mine seems to default to the Audi, but it doesn't play through the speakers - nor does the radio stop.

I've always been able to just hit "audio" and then choose "iPhone" but now that July 1 has come, and I'm in California, I can't really do that anymore. Speakerphone for me?