Official Audi Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
merryoxford said:
The information u want to share is not in touch to me
this has to b notified rather.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

But might you know where I could find some free movie downloads, perhaps?

K

kspot

I seem to have the same issue with the phonebook (contacts) for the iPhone. I have a new 09 TT and have updated to the latest 2.0 iPhone firmware. I see missed/received/dialed numbers, but not phonebook. any new revelations guys?

Sep 22, 2008
Listening to car radio and talking over the phone Q7-iphone

my iPhone's bluetooth works great with the q7. However, when i make a call or get an incoming one, my radio music stops, even when i switch to the iPhone...how can i continue talking using the mobile and listening to music at the same time?

mumbaj

Sep 28, 2008
Is anyone able to see your iPhone contacts in the phone book on the Audi screen. My bluetooth connection is fine, but I am unable to see my contacts in the phone book.
I have the same problem. My gen 1 iPhone worked perfectly in my 2006 A8. This is very disappointing. Can anyone help?

rbjoep

Oct 5, 2008
For me seems to be the new iPhone 3G software - I did a test with my first generation iPhone and contacts synched perfect..synced with 3g - No contacts.

I seem to have the same issue with the phonebook (contacts) for the iPhone. I have a new 09 TT and have updated to the latest 2.0 iPhone firmware. I see missed/received/dialed numbers, but not phonebook. any new revelations guys?

Jul 14, 2008
iPhone 3G works perfectly with a 2009 Chevy Cobalt with Bluetooth..

No need to worry about the phonebook since the car can store 30 numbers to voice dial by label.

GumboX

Oct 20, 2008
For me seems to be the new iPhone 3G software - I did a test with my first generation iPhone and contacts synched perfect..synced with 3g - No contacts.
The iPhone 3G is NOT COMPATABLE with Audi's Bluetooth implementation (i.e., no contacts, and other necessary features).

I had a long and unsatisfying email communication with Audi's 'customer care' folks, who showed absolutely no interest in doing anything to correct the situation.

They insisted they don't advertise any iPhone connectivity with Audis !

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I'm so surprised at how pathetic the Audi's RNS-E system is. You can't turn off the radio and have it remember that it's off between restarts. Getting to presets is pathetic. Having the Nav default to Map isn't possible.

That's the last time I spend the $$$s for a pre-installed system. Next time, I'll maybe get Bluetooth only, and no other bells and whistles. For the kind of cash this thing costs, I could have a Mac Mini running in my car and a huge LCD screen.

webstef

Nov 5, 2008
Hello !

I'm from france, I must say i haven't had any problem connecting my new iPhone3G (2.1) with my A3 from 11/2005 using BT, everything worked fine out of the box (even the contacts) without doing anything special.
Thanks

janes_p

Feb 10, 2009
BT contacts sync fine up to 2.1

I am from Switzerland, driving a 2004 S4 with built-in Bluetooth (I guess one of the first installations). When I used an iPhone 3G after 4 flawless years with a Nokia 6310i, I was surprised how easily the iPhone synced the contacts (software 2.0), however voice transmission was poor. iPhone software 2.1 improved BT voice connection to built-in handsfree dramatically. Unfortunately, with software 2.2 onwards, contact sync didn't work anymore (dashboard display says "no entries"). I had a lengthy conversation with an expert of the Swiss Audi rep (AMAG) - no solution either.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
no

The iPhone 3G is NOT COMPATABLE with Audi's Bluetooth implementation (i.e., no contacts, and other necessary features).

I had a long and unsatisfying email communication with Audi's 'customer care' folks, who showed absolutely no interest in doing anything to correct the situation.

They insisted they don't advertise any iPhone connectivity with Audis !
2009 Audi A3 w/ Nav system- in US- instant bluetooth integrtaion w iPhone 3G- contacts, etc show on Nav screen and dash display.

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Does anyone else get this awful buzzing sound when initiating a call? Drives me nuts - happens with both my and my wife's iPhone.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Happens to me about 75% of the time (so, not always). It lasts about 1-2 seconds and does not seem to honor volume settings (i.e. it is loud).

I've just learned to live with it as there does not seem to be anyone interested in fixing these Audi Bluetooth issues.

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Yeah - that whole Audi RNS-E is a nightmare. Not to get too far off topic, but here are my gripes:

-Doesn't default to enabling radio presets (you have to change to FM/AM, and press Memory). So using the left and right arrows or the steering wheel controls can't be done until you do this, each time you start the car.

-Can't turn off radio between car re-starts. Unless you turn off the whole computer.

-Nav doesn't default to a map. Can't change that.

-Turning off volume on Nav doesn't really turn it off on the beginning instructions.

-Bluetooth interrupts the radio (on by default, of course) each time you turn on the car to tell you that it's engaged.

Next car, I'm using my iPhone for nav, and skipping this $2000 waste of space.

plagbill

Mar 10, 2009
I just purchased the Audi A3 2009. I was successful with syncing my iPhone with the bluetooth but cannot get the contacts to load. Have you any ideas as to what the problem could be?
-iphone up to date
-All contacts have phone number and are in group called iPhone

Thanks

Jun 21, 2009
iPod touch bluetooth connection with 2005 Audi A6

I was delighted when the new 3.0 software release for the iPod touch (2nd gen) included bluetooth. I've tried numerous times unsuccessfuly to pair it to my 2005 A6. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get this fixed? The '05 A6 has a bluetooth connection for my phone (blackberry) which works great. It shouldn't be an issue to connect my iPod touch as well, but the car won't recognize the connection request.

Help!

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I don't think the Audi Bluetooth includes a way to stream music. It's really only for phone conversations and dialing.

I will say that in 3.0, I am able to listen to my voicemails through my A4, finally, but I still can't stream music.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007

dongtea

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007

miggy1

Jul 9, 2009
I've recently acquired a 2009 Audi A4 Cabriolet final edition (S-line, sat nav BT phone prep ipod connector etc etc) for the mrs and whilst the ipod connector worked reasonably well with my ipod touch (as well as can be expected, it acts as a 6-CD changer with CD's 1-5 being the first 5 playlists on the ipod and CD6 being "all songs"), since upgrading the ipod to version 3, the Audi doesn't seem to be able to recognize the ipod anymore. Has anyone else had this problem?

Since upgrading the ipod I've also acquired a 2009 Audi A3 sportback with an ipod dock, and that doesn't seem to recognize the ipod either. If I leave it for about 5 minutes, it MAY start to play tracks, but not always.