Official Chrysler UConnect Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
For those of you out there lucky enough not be caught in the Semi-Obligatory AT&T Infinite Activation Queue.....

Does anyone have the Chrysler UConnect system in their car? If so, have you linked your iPhone to it as yet? What level of compatibility did you get?

.....sT

B

blevinweb

Doesn't Work For Me....

I just bought my iPhone and I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with a myGIG Entertainment System that includes integrated uConnect. The pairing process worked flawlessly; however when I try to dial a call, my iPhone dials but I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. This happens whether I initiate the call from the iPhone or from the uConnect system.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I am missing on the iPhone? My uConnect system was working previously with a T-Mobile Wing running the Windows Mobile 6 operating system without issue. Has some firmware or something come out for iPhone yet that I need?

Any responses are surely appreciated!

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
I just bought my iPhone and I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with a myGIG Entertainment System that includes integrated uConnect. The pairing process worked flawlessly; however when I try to dial a call, my iPhone dials but I cannot hear the caller and they cannot hear me. This happens whether I initiate the call from the iPhone or from the uConnect system.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some setting I am missing on the iPhone? My uConnect system was working previously with a T-Mobile Wing running the Windows Mobile 6 operating system without issue. Has some firmware or something come out for iPhone yet that I need?

If there are issues with iPhone and UConnect - it will definitely queer the deal as far as me buying the phone. '05 Jeep GC Limited

T_E_X_07

Jul 25, 2007
Just a little quiet...

No problems here pairing my iPhone with my 2007 Ram... The volume is a little quiet, though I sure that will be fixed once Apple releases their first update...

broose

Aug 11, 2007
Not too bad

Doesn't work as well in my 2005 Chrysler 300 as my previous phone (Moto V600). Original pairing was trouble free. Just got back from a trip. Three out of five inbound calls could not be answered. Two of those three went to voicemail; one I picked up with the phone. On the two voicemails, the system properly announced an incoming call and I immediately pressed the UConnect button. One of those calls was already in voice mail. For the other, iPhone said it was paired (back when I turned on Bluetooth) but UConnect seemed to need to confirm the pairing when the call came in, before answering the call: the first press of UConnect button resulted in "Ready" announcement. By second press, call was in voicemail and phone was frozen: slider could be slid but phone would not "open". I've only made one or two outbound calls and they worked. I'm planning to do more research in the garage. This cannot be as good as it gets.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Just got my iPhone about 24 hours ago. Paired it up with my '05 Jeep GC Limited. No problems there. First phone call .... hung up before the 1st ring and I was watching the iPhone and noticed the "Slide to Unlock". I thot .... nah - this isn't going to work if I have to "slide" too!.

Second phone call - no problem. Third call - no problem. Have yet to test it with an incoming call. This was a BIG deal with me - to make sure UConnect worked. Don't think I'll ever own another vehicle that doesn't have BT.

Jcrider

Sep 3, 2007

Have you resolved this issue?
I just installed a myGig in my 07 Jeep Wrangler and have the same problem. It will dial my iPhone but the radio kicks back in immediately after it dials and the party I called can't hear me and I can't hear them.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Have you resolved this issue?
I just installed a myGig in my 07 Jeep Wrangler and have the same problem. It will dial my iPhone but the radio kicks back in immediately after it dials and the party I called can't hear me and I can't hear them.
Guess the first thing I'd try is a restore of the phone (version 1.0.2?) and then pair the phone again with UConnect.

Mine has worked flawless in every regard since I did the upgrade to 1.0.2. And something is going on tomorrow (9/5) with Apple's Media event. Don't know if it involves iPhone (iPods supposedly).

Jcrider

Sep 3, 2007
Guess the first thing I'd try is a restore of the phone (version 1.0.2?) and then pair the phone again with UConnect.

Mine has worked flawless in every regard since I did the upgrade to 1.0.2. And something is going on tomorrow (9/5) with Apple's Media event. Don't know if it involves iPhone (iPods supposedly).
Yes, I have 1.0.2. the pairing part went flawless.
I think the 05 system is very different from the 07 system.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
Hate the Navigation system for Chrysler. Compared to what is available on other vehicles (touch screen, voice commands) ... it's pretty poor.

Hope you can get it working!

Jcrider

Sep 3, 2007
Hate the Navigation system for Chrysler. Compared to what is available on other vehicles (touch screen, voice commands) ... it's pretty poor.

Hope you can get it working!
The 07 system has both voice commands and a touch screen.

gijohn

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
REALLY? I may have to get myself up to the Jeep store! lol

Geez .... hope you find a solution. (maybe tomorrow?) :)

Jcrider

Sep 3, 2007
REALLY? I may have to get myself up to the Jeep store! lol

Geez .... hope you find a solution. (maybe tomorrow?) :)
Yes but they cripple the voice command feature in the wrangler.
Not sure why. I had to get a third party box that re-enables it.

Now if I could just get My damn phone to work with it, I would be aall set.

B

blevinweb

Still Not Working

OK -- so I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with the myGig Infotainment system with uConnect that just does not work with the iPhone. I am on firmware version 1.0.2 and did a complete reset of the iPhone and the uConnect system. Same issue -- it pairs fine, but if I dial out the phone connects, but the uConnect immediately disconnects. I brought it to Dodge and they claim the system is "iPhone compatible". I asked to try it in another Nitro on the lot to see if it worked but they didn't have any with the myGig installed. Anyone else have any luck?

Jcrider

Sep 3, 2007
OK -- so I have a 2007 Dodge Nitro with the myGig Infotainment system with uConnect that just does not work with the iPhone. I am on firmware version 1.0.2 and did a complete reset of the iPhone and the uConnect system. Same issue -- it pairs fine, but if I dial out the phone connects, but the uConnect immediately disconnects. I brought it to Dodge and they claim the system is "iPhone compatible". I asked to try it in another Nitro on the lot to see if it worked but they didn't have any with the myGig installed. Anyone else have any luck?
Hello,

I too have the same problem as you.
I suspect we're both screwed until either Apple or Chrysler roll out a software update, or a less likely solution of a hack or mod.
In some rare cases a downgrade may fix issues like this.

tom99

Jul 9, 2007
Same problem with my new 2008 Town & Country - uConnect / iPhone :oops:

rdmassey

Sep 16, 2007
It's the mygig that is the problem with iPhone.

My father has a 2006 Chrysler 300 and the iPhone works great with UConnect but I have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the MyGig system and I am having the same problem that others have mentioned. I have also had some other gliches with the MyGig not related to the iPhone, so I am guessing that it is the MyGig causing the problem.

Oct 13, 2007

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY MYGIG UCONNECT SYSTEM BUT i HAVE AN LGVX8700 PHONE. i CALLED UCONNECT AND PEIKER ACOUSTICS AND THEY SAID THE MY GIG VERSION IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH SOME MODEL PHONES BECAUSE IT IS SO NEW..... i KNOW iT REALLY SUCKS CAUSE I WANT TO WORK TOO.