Official Honda Bluetooth and iPhone Compatibility Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

joannalat

Mar 5, 2008
my honda is not able to discover my iPhone and my unlocked best friend cannot find honda's bluetooyh. is there any other way to pair?

treidon

Aug 22, 2008
Honda Accord 08 Connectivity

Greetings everyone!

I was curious if anyone else is having issues with keeping the iPhone paired with their Accord like me. I have a 2008 Honda Accord with the navigation/Bluetooth package. I can get the phone to pair with the automobile just fine but the trouble comes soon after. Once I get in the car and turn it on, the car picks my phone up and shows the little Bluetooth indicator on the dash. Now if I click on the button on my steering wheel I can say "Call <name>" and it connects to my phone and appears to make the call (I can visibly see this on the phone) BUT.. I don't hear a thing.

It seems as if it connects to the phone but the sound isn't audible. The only way I can see of fixing this is by turning my car off and retrying. I've tried turning the Bluetooth OFF and then back on to have the car refind it again but this doesn't always work. This is very random it seems to happen very erratically.

Has anyone else had these troubles?

Also, sometimes when it is paired properly and I am speaking to someone, the connection will just drop (not the call) and I'll have to quickly switch over from Bluetooth to iPhone on the phone itself to continue the call.

Furthermore, when I make a call using the car and don't hear anything, I try to switch (using the phone itself) over to the iPhone and then back to the Bluetooth to see if it'll pick up but it never does. I'm curious if I am the only one experiencing this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

OSUguy

Mar 20, 2009
I have the SAME issues with my 08 Accord and iPhone. My Motorola worked great with the system. Is there a fix?

Mar 23, 2009
Pairing iPhone and accord 08 unsuccessful

I have had no success in pairing my iPhone with my accord 08. Any suggestions or advice on what I might be doing wrong? I as well have no problems with my motorola blackberry but no luck with the iPhone.

JTkingsville

Greetings everyone!

I was curious if anyone else is having issues with keeping the iPhone paired with their Accord like me. I have a 2008 Honda Accord with the navigation/Bluetooth package. I can get the phone to pair with the automobile just fine but the trouble comes soon after. Once I get in the car and turn it on, the car picks my phone up and shows the little Bluetooth indicator on the dash. Now if I click on the button on my steering wheel I can say "Call <name>" and it connects to my phone and appears to make the call (I can visibly see this on the phone) BUT.. I don't hear a thing.

It seems as if it connects to the phone but the sound isn't audible. The only way I can see of fixing this is by turning my car off and retrying. I've tried turning the Bluetooth OFF and then back on to have the car refind it again but this doesn't always work. This is very random it seems to happen very erratically.

Has anyone else had these troubles?

Also, sometimes when it is paired properly and I am speaking to someone, the connection will just drop (not the call) and I'll have to quickly switch over from Bluetooth to iPhone on the phone itself to continue the call.

Furthermore, when I make a call using the car and don't hear anything, I try to switch (using the phone itself) over to the iPhone and then back to the Bluetooth to see if it'll pick up but it never does. I'm curious if I am the only one experiencing this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.