No activation non-sense to deal with this go around. Transactions will take seconds.LOL - yikes, that would be awful - but I really hope that won't happen. I think it just means if you think there are going to be long lines at your local store, then you better get in them and make sure you're in to collect by 3. That's my plan anyway. I know my local store will be crowded, but last year they had plenty of reps walking the line and answering questions - so I figure I'll collar one as early as possible and find out how reserved my reserved baby is. Or perhaps we'll get a little more clarification between now and then.
That has since changed if you are interested.Got 2 64GB WiFi iPads ordered at 8:34am EST. There wasn't a pickup option that I could see so I just had them shipped to the house. This will be a long 3 weeks.
i don't kno how much more comforting this is but ill share my convo with Apple rep
<LI id=chatAgntName>You are chatting with Eda M, an Apple Expert
- Hi, my name is Eda M. Welcome to Apple!
- Eda M: How may I assist you today?
- Eda M: I haven't heard from you for a few moments. Would you like to continue chatting?
- You: hey i was wondering a lot of people seemed confused as do i ...if when i preorder an ipad for pickup in store if it GUANTEES me an ipad that day...seems liek when u call the stores theres saying its not
- Eda M: You will be able to go to the retail store and buy it that day.
- Eda M: If you pre-order it, we will deliver it to your door on Aprll 3rd.
- Eda M: No need to fight the crowds!
- You: lol yes....but if i predorder it now for delivery ...do u guys charge the card now or when it ships
- Eda M: Your card will be charged when it ships.
- You: ok...so just to verify if u preorder for instore pickup im still gunateed to get one correct
- Eda M: You will be guaranteed availability, correct.
- Eda M: You will then have to go through the process of purchasing at the store.
- Eda M: When you pre-order it for delivery, we will take it your door on the same day it is available at the stores.
I wouldn't regret it, you can't go wrong with a Macbook for your computer needs. The iPad won't be able to do what a laptop can or have the memory for files, etc. It's more of an in-between, not a full computer. A big ipod touch. The Macbook will definitely have more options.I can't lie I'm starting to regret buying a Macbook last week even though I still feel that is more options than the iPad.