Official "I just pre-ordered an iPad" thread

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
FYI the iPad website (under "Features") has been updated with a lot more information.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
LOL - yikes, that would be awful - but I really hope that won't happen. I think it just means if you think there are going to be long lines at your local store, then you better get in them and make sure you're in to collect by 3. That's my plan anyway. I know my local store will be crowded, but last year they had plenty of reps walking the line and answering questions - so I figure I'll collar one as early as possible and find out how reserved my reserved baby is. Or perhaps we'll get a little more clarification between now and then.
No activation non-sense to deal with this go around. Transactions will take seconds.

njbrodeur87

Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
i don't kno how much more comforting this is but ill share my convo with Apple rep

<LI id=chatAgntName>You are chatting with Eda M, an Apple Expert
  • Hi, my name is Eda M. Welcome to Apple!
  • Eda M: How may I assist you today?
  • Eda M: I haven't heard from you for a few moments. Would you like to continue chatting?
  • You: hey i was wondering a lot of people seemed confused as do i ...if when i preorder an ipad for pickup in store if it GUANTEES me an ipad that day...seems liek when u call the stores theres saying its not
  • Eda M: You will be able to go to the retail store and buy it that day.
  • Eda M: If you pre-order it, we will deliver it to your door on Aprll 3rd.
  • Eda M: No need to fight the crowds!
  • You: lol yes....but if i predorder it now for delivery ...do u guys charge the card now or when it ships
  • Eda M: Your card will be charged when it ships.
  • You: ok...so just to verify if u preorder for instore pickup im still gunateed to get one correct
  • Eda M: You will be guaranteed availability, correct.
  • Eda M: You will then have to go through the process of purchasing at the store.
  • Eda M: When you pre-order it for delivery, we will take it your door on the same day it is available at the stores.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Got 2 64GB WiFi iPads ordered at 8:34am EST. There wasn’t a pickup option that I could see so I just had them shipped to the house. This will be a long 3 weeks.

Also, just a note that I didn’t see that they were discounting them for Government employees. My wife is one and I went through the link to the Government store but the iPad wasn’t discounted. Computers and other things are but not the iPhone or iPad.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Got 2 64GB WiFi iPads ordered at 8:34am EST. There wasn't a pickup option that I could see so I just had them shipped to the house. This will be a long 3 weeks.
That has since changed if you are interested.
You can edit your order for pickup.

Last edited by a moderator:

njbrodeur87

Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
i preordered mine for shiiping and canceled my resevation...save me some gas and i don't want to take a chance they run out plus i get my accessories gunateed to come as well ...where as u go to the store theyc ould run out if your in the back of a line...waiting for my confirmation email lol...does it charge u guys before it ships or only when it ships?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have both shipping and store reservation, I will cancel one of the two when I decide what to do, at least this way I'm covered!

trido

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
well my card was charged in full today(debit card) now this might be an authorize ONLY we cant tell till next week if goes through or gors away

i don't kno how much more comforting this is but ill share my convo with Apple rep

<LI id=chatAgntName>You are chatting with Eda M, an Apple Expert

• Hi, my name is Eda M. Welcome to Apple!
  • Eda M: How may I assist you today?
  • Eda M: I haven't heard from you for a few moments. Would you like to continue chatting?
  • You: hey i was wondering a lot of people seemed confused as do i ...if when i preorder an ipad for pickup in store if it GUANTEES me an ipad that day...seems liek when u call the stores theres saying its not
  • Eda M: You will be able to go to the retail store and buy it that day.
  • Eda M: If you pre-order it, we will deliver it to your door on Aprll 3rd.
  • Eda M: No need to fight the crowds!
  • You: lol yes....but if i predorder it now for delivery ...do u guys charge the card now or when it ships
  • Eda M: Your card will be charged when it ships.
  • You: ok...so just to verify if u preorder for instore pickup im still gunateed to get one correct
  • Eda M: You will be guaranteed availability, correct.
  • Eda M: You will then have to go through the process of purchasing at the store.
  • Eda M: When you pre-order it for delivery, we will take it your door on the same day it is available at the stores.

IPhone_Chica

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
I have chosen not to pre-order simply because I didn't take too kindly to the first gen iPhone price drop. But I am interested in the iPad. Definitely on my wishlist.

iThinkiCan

Bronze
Jan 29, 2010
I can't lie I'm starting to regret buying a Macbook last week even though I still feel that is more options than the iPad.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I can't lie I'm starting to regret buying a Macbook last week even though I still feel that is more options than the iPad.
I wouldn't regret it, you can't go wrong with a Macbook for your computer needs. The iPad won't be able to do what a laptop can or have the memory for files, etc. It's more of an in-between, not a full computer. A big ipod touch. The Macbook will definitely have more options.

runcmd

Bronze
Aug 6, 2007
Rabun Gap, GA
I ordered at 8:30 Eastern. I thought I was going in to spend 829 bucks. I clicked everything I wanted - and it came to 1200+ Whoops.
Then I went back and subtracted the wireless keyboard - everything else had to stay! LOL.
The new page describing the 3G pricing up instant-upgrade options are just spot-on consumer friendly. Thanks Apple for making me spend that much money and not regret it 5 minutes later.

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
HA HA way to go Run....I am very tempted to pre order the 16 gig wifi. With my macbook and my iPhone im on the cusp. I figure on long road trips the bigger screen may be great for the kid in the back seat...

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I have reserved two and the Apple store which i reserved through said as long as I am there between the hours of 9AM-3PM I will get the iPad guaranteed. Based on the reservation. They said they will put my name on it when they get them in. I sure hope this is correct.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Went all out...going with the 64GB WiFi+3G. Plus accessories galore. Better be worth it, Apple.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I called the Apple store near where I will be staying at on release day. First the girl told me no guarantees, I asked her if she was sure because I have had different Apple reps given me different answers and I want to be sure. She put me on hold to ask her manager, the manager came on the line, apologized for all the uncertain answers, that not all employees were fully informed of the process but yes, if you reserve online your are guaranteed an ipad as long as you are there by 3pm. She said the particular store where people reserve will have order fulfillment for the amount of ipads ordered at that store. Each store should also be getting extras to sell after 3pm. She said the employees saying there are no guarantees are wrong and uninformed. I am hoping what this girl said is right. I'm still going to be there at 8:30 am just to be safe.