Official "I just pre-ordered an iPad" thread

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for letting me know that information. I was kind of worried with all the questions. That is also the word I received from the Apple Store in Nashville. I also believe I will arrive early just to make sure. Thanks

FatApple02

Mar 11, 2010
I ordered the case also, does this mean the case ships on April third but is going to be delivered later? hmmmmm

KrakaJap

Zealot
Gold
Jul 7, 2009
IL
I ordered the case also, does this mean the case ships on April third but is going to be delivered later? hmmmmm
Correct... the case will not arrive at your door with the iPad. I was a little upset about this myself but confirmed it over the phone with an Apple rep. The rep said they are more concerned with getting the iPads out in time which is very understandable. I would much rather have my iPad Saturday morning without the case than nothing at all. :)

brobar

Mar 19, 2010
Wow, iPad cases backordered too.
For some. It might just depend on how soon you got your preorder in and qty available? Not sure but mine says:
iPadDelivery..jpg

But doesn't have a "Delivers" date like up10ad's does.

forkee

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
yep, woke up at the butt crack of dawn and waited for the Apple store to get back online the first day. got all giddy and got the case and keyboard dock too. too bad it doesn't ship together.