Official iOS 5.0.1 Release Thread

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by chris, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Nothing ever works great the first time around. Yes I know all the betas were doing it ota. I however believe that today and tomorrow we will start to see some posts about ota problems. Just my opinion and educated guess.
  2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

I see people saying that the update on iTunes is 700MB while OTA is the usual delta update. I guess I'll do the OTA first if that doesn't improve anything I'll do iTunes, even thou it's the same thing.
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist

OTA worked great for me :)
  5. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

I think with future updates we will see bigger ones and people won't want to use ota for that long. I like wired also because it backs me up before it does anything else. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
  6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

I downloaded a 700mb OTA game last night, no problem :D
  7. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Well played. ;)
  8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

I know it's only been 2 hours but anybody seeing any improvements?
  9. Meh, I need my battery fixed. I'm only getting 5 hours and 20 minutes on just texting and notifications from facebook. Dad has an iPhone 4 and hes still getting around 6 and a half - 7 hours.
  10. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist

Been using my phone for 30 minutes solid since the update and I've gone from 56% to 55%
    • Like Like x 1
  11. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius

Yeah, that's because the iPhone 4's battery is supposed to last longer than the 4S's.
  12. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius

thanks man.

Anybody else?
  13. Still doesn't matter. The bigger battery, and the processor that "cuts down on power" should last at LEAST almost as long. An hour is a pretty big deal. Hope this update fixes it and the standby issues everyones having.
  14. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Att. The iPad now got it but not the iPhone.

<during post edit> My wife's iPhone 4 got it but not my 4S.
  15. detfan

detfan Member

This fixes battery life? I don't think so! Android wasn't this bad come apple.

Attached Files:

16. You got apps running that are draining battery. Do a restore. My phone has been on standby over an hour, and i've been using it like almost 20 minutes and its at 99 percent.
  17. Here's my statistics now; id be down to at least 94-95 by now.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iCafe app

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. detfan

detfan Member

did a restore ten gave it a full charge. Not sure what could be running that wasn't already.
  19. If it's restored as "new", and you are having these problems even after this update, I think you actually have the right to take it back to Apple. They have no more excuses as to why they can't exchange it now.
  20. TheJustPull

TheJustPull Member

Seems to be a little better for myself, but I haven't been using it much since I updated. I will find out for sure tomorrow.
  21. detfan

detfan Member

So restore to new instead from my backup?