1. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

yeah, it's called iPhone 6.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Has anyone noticed if after you do a hard reset (home and power button) that your setting reset? Text tones. Previews. Vibrate. Brightness. Etc. It has happened to me every time since the update. Driving me nuts as I normally do one every tonight prior to charging and now having to go and put everything back.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Badfishy

Badfishy Contributor
    Bronze

Yep, has been happening to me too! I have to go change my settings after hard resets.

Verizon iPhone 4S using iCafe app

5. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

it might be called iPhone5.

6. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

Why why why would you do that?

7. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Just tried it. Nothing changed for me. Are you on iPhone 4 or 4S? I'm on 4S.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I didn't do nothing :cool:

9. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Oh way to make me feel bad. Lol 3GS. Lol have never had it happen like it is now. Every hard reset. Sucks Stupid 5.1. Lol

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

This is the best I've gotten so far. I know it's not down to 10%, but I haven't gotten anybody above 5 hours since I got the phone.
    I kill everything on the multitasking bar except the apps that I use the most, usually 2-3

Attached Files:

11. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I know there was a demand for it a d I was excited for all the new features of ios5. However on my 3GS it struggles. I typically do a hard reset once a day. I noticed since ios5 that I have to close apps in the multitasking bar more often than before and doing two hard resets a day to keep the phone crisp and smooth. Not choppy like it gets when bogged down. However comma ios5.1 has brought on a new problem of every hard reset resets all my settings. A big annoyance. Lol
    While I personally find the rewards of ios5 worth the problems. I do think many 3GS users will not. Battery life is the same IMO as ios4.

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Did anyone have the update either download or download AND install without user input? 2 people, person A says he didn't touch anything when seeing the update. Had a bade show up on the setting icon and now it shows that it has downloaded and to press to install. Person B said same thing, saw a badge on the setting icon, X'ed out of it so as to not download the update. Gets home and notices the phone is rebooting and such. Poof... iOS 5.0.1 on person B's phone. Person A still only says press to install.
    MY phone has no badge indicating the update, but I check and it shows that there is the 5.0.1 update and to press to download and install. ?
    I am assuming that they had to press something to OK the download? All devices mentioned are 4s iPhones.

13. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

If this ^^^^^ is true (not implying you are making it up Scott but that the people a and b were mistaken)
    Then I see this being a normal and future application or forced ota updates. Keeps people from jailbreaking.

I did not see it show up in the settings area of my phone. I did get the message when I plugged in to sync.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I am thinking that they had to press something for the download to start / install. I'm also thinking user 'error', but was just curious if anyone else suddenly saw it had downloaded and or installed.
    I would HATE to think that force installs could be possible. Hoping not, that's for sure!

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I could see it happening.

16. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

My wife's iPhone is a 3GS and she has had no issues with the new iOS. She upgraded from 4 to 5 without incident. She hasn't noticed any battery issues either.

Just now she update to 5.0.1 OTA. I'll keep you updated if she has issues now.

Target

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I am glad she doesn't have issues. I also spend a lot of time on my phone every single day. 8 hrs ish

18. Ffmaster1

Ffmaster1 Member
    Bronze

when i sort apps in notificTion center i go out of it,come back they are messed up..every fuckin time,i don't even have to reset it!

19. InyigoMontoya

InyigoMontoya Contributor
    Bronze

I have been running iOS5 since release (and now 5.0.1) on my 3GS and I'm not seeing any of these issues. Certainly each user has their own experience and I gotta say, that sucks your phone's performance degraded. Have you tried a restore or setting up as new? I freely admit I don't have the technical know how to suggest a clear cut fix for you but that might take care of some of the issues (hopefully). Best of luck, man.

20. tybirdtybird

tybirdtybird Member
    Bronze

For my Internet I have satellite it said 14 hours to download . So I did it on my 4s & iPad 2 took only 2 1/2 hours.

21. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I wouldn't doubt that iOS 5 automatically downloads updates if it's on wifi, but I do doubt that it automatically installs them.