Official iOS 6.0.1 Released Thread

1. Muckcityjustin Evangelist Silver

I just got the update on my phone. It was weird it made me download an updater app then brought me through the steps to update like normal.. I was nervous at first it was a virus or something. Lets hope it fixes a few things guys. Go download!

2. imutter Genius Gold

I just read about it seems like iPhone 5 was send out with a glitch there are no OTA updates the app is a patch

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris Administrator Administrator

5. chris Administrator Administrator

Here's the changelog:
    This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
    • Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
    • Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
    • Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
    • Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
    • Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
    • Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
    • Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
    • Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

• Like Like x 3
  6. Terry M. Contributor Silver

Have to DL a iOS enabler app first? Different, at least to me. Thanks for the heads up Chris!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MoneyMaker79 Evangelist Gold

I just downloaded it over the air. It was pretty quick too. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Terry M. Contributor Silver

Enabler app disappears after download. Just an FYI

9. MoneyMaker79 Evangelist Gold

Good point. It also does not mess your iPhone up. No issues here.

10. Santa Evangelist Gold

No issues. But it sure didn't make my wifi any better.

I guess I'll try a replacement phone.

11. Rafagon Genius Gold

It looks receipts from iMessages are a tad more specific. Whereas before you would only see "Delivered," now you see "Read hh:mm." Also, based on my experience, this seems to work even when the recipient of your text message has updated to iOS 6.0.1 and you're still on 6.0.
    imessage.jpg
    You'll notice that the accuracy of the timestamps may not be 100% reliable. This person read my iMessage at 3:38PM, and I received their reply at 3:37PM. :confused:

12. MoneyMaker79 Evangelist Gold

Read receipts have been on the iPhone for a long time. Not just with this update. It's an optional setting though in Settings.

13. acosmichippo Genius Platinum

Nice. This is the first time I think I've actually been experienced definitive bugs that will be addressed in an update.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Smarty2600 Member Bronze

Hmm, I'll update later when the servers are less busy, but I was hoping that the bug fixes would address my iPod touch 4th gen's inability to stay to connected to wifi while it's in sleep mode. Bummer, nothing on this list effects me. Also I haven't been able to access my purchased apps because the app store crashes, any idea on how to the fix that?

15. acosmichippo Genius Platinum

This isn't a bug; it's by design to save battery life. If you want it to stay connected in sleep mode, you have to have it plugged into power.

16. Rafagon Genius Gold

So when I see "Delivered" after I send an iMessage, it means the person does not have Read Receipts on, but when I see "Read hh:mm," it means that person has "Send Read Receipts" set to on?

I was under the impression that the "Send Read Receipts" setting was only to send the word "Delivered" out; today was the first time I saw "Read hh:mm" from anyone, and it happened right after this person updated to 6.0.1, so I thought it was a goody provided by 6.0.1!

17. mrbunglez Contributor Bronze

Anyone have issues after the update with the sensor not blacking the screen out while on a call? I don't really want my face ending the call if its an important call. Using an iP5

18. Smarty2600 Member Bronze

No it is not by design ever since iOS 3 or 4 and definitely with iOS 5 it did not do this. I have had iPod touches since the 2nd gen and I distinctly remember when having the wifi on in the background changed the way I used my iPod because I could rely on it for email notifications and news notifications and with iOS 5 iMessage and Facetime notifications. But now I can't rely it on it. So no it's not a battery saving feature, I have had the wifi stay on in the background when asleep for years and if you google it others are having the same the problem as myself.

19. Zanthe #apple Gold

When my phone goes to sleep it reverts to 3G/4G...always has. And that is why it may use small amounts of data when in sleep mode depending what apps are open.

20. Smarty2600 Member Bronze

21. mrbunglez Contributor Bronze

So I've googled it and its not just me a lot of other people are having probs with the proximity sensor not working and having glitches after the update. Dammit!