Official iPad mini Camping Thread

Discussion in 'iPad mini' started by chris, Nov 1, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Tough call as to what you'd call camping. Does leaving your house in middle of the night count? Do you have to be there before midnight, so it's technically an overnight. Whatever your definition, if you are headed to an Apple Store for the iPad mini tonight or tomorrow morning, this is your thread.

As for me, my plan is to leave at about 5 am. I'm hoping to grab a 16GB white/silver iPad mini. Also reconsidering my pre-order of the 32GB iPad 4 and going to the bigger 64GB version.

Are you headed out to the store? Post your photos here and what mini or iPad 4 you are hoping to grab tomorrow morning.

2. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

Good luck! We're all counting on you! My wife's will be hand delivered to me tomorrow while I sit on a couch not in a line. :D

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I overslept on pre-order day and then forgot where I put my wallet. To make matters worse, we left our house due to the hurricane/power outage, so I won't be there on delivery day.

4. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Zealot
    Bronze

Damn dude that sucks, hope everything is alright in your neck of the woods. Just as long as you and the family are safe and sound that's all that matters.

5. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Yeah, hope you and the family did not have too horrible a time during the storm Chris - and that you're able to get back into your house very soon. Heck it seems you just got into it a little while ago. :(

I'll be out there tonight / early tomorrow morning. My plan is to try to get a few hours sleep, wake up at 1:30, get out of the house by around 1:50, and get to my closest Apple store by around 2:15 or probably a touch earlier. We'll see how well I can carry out the plan. :)

6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Zealot
    Gold

Hey Chris I did bump my order from a 32 to a 64 on the iPad 4 but I did it back on the 27th so hopefully tomorrow morning it will be here!

7. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Posts piks

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I preordered a white one. I got my Smart Cover today. I love the size! I'm so stoked to get the mini tomorrow.

mini.jpg

9. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I got mine yesterday. I'm really excited about the size too.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Has anyone cleaned a Smart Cover?

11. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I've used a chlorox wipe and then let it air dry before putting it back on the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iCafe app

12. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Tomorrow and I have 2 appointments my dog got a hurt paw and I get new contact lenses

13. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Oh the white looks really nice ...I want one now I hope I get to run to the store ? Not really I am to busy

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thanks. It's actually light gray.

15. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Apparently I am first. Never been first for anything. Thought I was in the wrong place, but some guy showed up and said, "You here for the mini. You're first."

Attached Files:

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Right on. You should be out of there pretty quick. Do they open at 8 o'clock?

17. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Yep. Spoke to a few people who must work for Apple or the mall. Said they'll let us, or I should say me, at 7. Much better than NY where they line is up in a dark corridor and no one gets in until 8.

Hope I am in the right spot, but I think I am. If not, I can blame Kevin.

Only people I've seen so far have been mall security coming to work. I wish someone would get out here with me to validate the line.

Attached Files:

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Even the Best Buy that I drove past had one person in line. Maybe they saw my NY license plates and it's all a ruse.

19. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It looks right based on how he has explained it to me. That's cool that they'll let you in an hour early. Do you think they will have limited availability on the white mini? I do, and I'm thinking it's due to production problems rather than insanely higher demand. I just stopped by Walmart and drove by Best Buy and neither had lines, but they aren't selling them for four more hours here. Are you picking up an iPad 4 also and canceling your online order?

20. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I am going to cancel my online mini order and return the 4 that was scheduled to be delivered today. Think I might move up to 64gb on the black iPad 4. I don't need 4g and I don't see Apple updating this line for at least a year. Sold my iPad 2 for $508 and 4s for $500.