Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I'm ordering from Apple next iday!
Yes, Mommy, make a Reminder using your Reminder App for next year this same time to remind you NOT TO ORDER THROUGH AT&T for your next iPhone (5S?)(6?)

I learned my lesson last year and VOWED TO NEVER ORDER FROM AT&T again! That was just a bad experience for me. So far ordering my iPhone 5 from Apple has been good. Just like when I ordered my iPad 3. Experience = As expected.

Reactions: Mommy

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Should I be concerned if I ordered mine from Apple.com at 12:15AM September 14th?
iPhonelove34

Where are you? Are you in CA.?

If you are in the PCT frame then that is good. That means you got in within the 1st hour. There have been reports of people getting their order in after the 1st hour and some late in the first hour whose date of arrival was not 9/21.

Check your status and if it says Delivers 9/21, or anything like that, depending on where you ordered it from, then you should be in the clear.

iPhonelove34

Sep 16, 2012
iPhonelove34

Where are you? Are you in CA.?

If you are in the PCT frame then that is good. That means you got in within the 1st hour. There have been reports of people getting their order in after the 1st hour and some late in the first hour whose date of arrival was not 9/21.

Check your status and if it says Delivers 9/21, or anything like that, depending on where you ordered it from, then you should be in the clear.
Yes, I am in SoCal. Yes, it says it will deliver on 9/21, but it still reads, "Preparing for Shipment" like other people on this forum.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
well i just spoke to sprint orders department. They gave me some BS excuse and said that no carrier pre-orders will be delivered Friday. They said that if you pre-ordered through sprint or any other carrier that they themselves don't receive the phone till Friday then they turn around and ship the same day. So basically what she was telling my is that if you pre-ordered via sprint then you are basically not getting your phone Friday.... Even though i was one of the first people to get my order in... not happy at all right now. Will never order anywhere else but Apple from now on. Also will not continue my contract with sprint after this iPhone. This is ridiculous and sprint is going to have a lot of unhappy customers if this turns out to be the case. sorry for venting....
Sorry to hear that. I'm glad you'll ditch Sprint after this. Don't worry yourself to death. Maybe the rep you spoke with was just a bad Apple, who knows? It may not hurt to get a second opinion.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Yes, I am in SoCal. Yes, it says it will deliver on 9/21, but it still reads, "Preparing for Shipment" like other people on this forum.
Mine still says preparing for shipment on Apple, but has been shipped when tracking by reference on UPS

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
well i just spoke to sprint orders department. They gave me some BS excuse and said that no carrier pre-orders will be delivered Friday. They said that if you pre-ordered through sprint or any other carrier that they themselves don't receive the phone till Friday then they turn around and ship the same day. So basically what she was telling my is that if you pre-ordered via sprint then you are basically not getting your phone Friday.... Even though i was one of the first people to get my order in... not happy at all right now. Will never order anywhere else but Apple from now on. Also will not continue my contract with sprint after this iPhone. This is ridiculous and sprint is going to have a lot of unhappy customers if this turns out to be the case. sorry for venting....
Muckcityjustin That's a bunch of Bullcrap! I don't believe that for one second. I think that rep is stressed and is saying anything. How in the living hell would that rep for Sprint know a f**king thing about what another Carrier is doing?!?!?! OOOOH THAT P*SSES ME OFF JUST HEARING THIS MALARKY! :mad:

Justin, just chill. You more than likely will get your iPhone 5 on Friday. Just sit tight and don't stress like that stupid rep did in giving you that horrible information.

Just like Rafagon said, get a second opinion. More than that, I want you to relax. :cool: Ordering shouldn't be so stressful, but these carriers with these stressed out reps have a way of making it down right unbearable sometimes for us purchasers. I've run into my share of stressed out reps at AT&T, UPS and FedEx. And If I hear something that sounds amazingly ridiculous, I thank them for their time and call and speak to someone else. Eventually you will get someone who isn't a complete A**HOLE! JEEZ!

Sorry for all the foul * stars, but I hate that crap so much! U R SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE NOT LIE FOR YOUR OWN ENTERTAINMENT!

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
i just called Verizon! They told me that the shipping date for the iPhone is the 21st! she said supposedly that Apple, AT&T and Sprint will ALL be shipping the phones out on the 21st, and we will ALL get them sometime next week! The lady was SOOOOO rude! ughhh..I just hope it delivers on the 21st..ok, sorry for my rant...lol..Anyone else call Verizon and get this info?

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I got the same crap from Verizon...What the hell is going on this time?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
i just called Verizon! They told me that the shipping date for the iPhone is the 21st! she said supposedly that Apple, AT&T and Sprint will ALL be shipping the phones out on the 21st, and we will ALL get them sometime next week! The lady was SOOOOO rude! ughhh..I just hope it delivers on the 21st..ok, sorry for my rant...lol..Anyone else call Verizon and get this info?

Mommy
imutter
Muckcityjustin

If this is the story they are going with then so be it! Still pisses me of the rudeness and the A**holishness! Okay, don't panic! If they are actually shipping them out on 9/21 that means, as far as I'm concerned, we will be getting them on 9/21. They can ship them out @ midnight and the iPhone5's can be at our homes early in the morning to throuout the day. It takes nothing to get the trucks on the road. Don't think that this means we all won't get our phones until Monday or something. We will get them on Friday. It's just the practice that baffles us because we are not in that industry.

I am guessing that they load the trucks after they get their shipments from China and on Friday, they send everyone out to deliver.

Don't be alarmed, this seems like the case.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

NEXT WEEEEEEEK ?
My phone has reached Hong Kong. Slowly but surely getting here.
Honkong is good it is a UPS air port

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
I hate the inconsistencies in communication over at the carriers. I personally believe it will be here on the 21st, as it says "Delivery by 09/21/2012". If not, I will be pissed... But I am looking forward to mine Friday. Screw what the people over the phone say, I'm going by what their site says. Unless that changes, then yeah..

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Also, has anyone else with Verizon gotten any tracking information? I am getting an error when looking up my order online, and using their pre-order page, it tells me that "We have received your order and it is in process." I haven't even been charged yet... the hell is going on? Looks like next time I'll be ordering my phone through Apple instead.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Ordered on Apple website around 2:10 a.m. Central Time 9/14:

From UPS, tracked by reference:
Scheduled Delivery: Friday, 09/21/2012
Last Location:
Departed - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Monday, 09/17/2012
Additional Information
Product: WORLD EASE
Shipped/Billed On: 09/16/2012
Type: Package
Weight: 0.40 kg
Shipment Progress

Location Date Local Time Activity
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/17/2012 9:34 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/16/2012 9:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/16/2012 9:30 P.M. Departure Scan
09/16/2012 8:15 A.M. Origin Scan
China 9/16/2012 6:28 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Reactions: Girdler
Also, has anyone else with Verizon gotten any tracking information? I am getting an error when looking up my order online, and using their pre-order page, it tells me that "We have received your order and it is in process." I haven't even been charged yet... the hell is going on? Looks like next time I'll be ordering my phone through Apple instead.
yeah apparently carriers haven't updated shipping at all. I'm with sprint and I've had no updates since initial order email. Apple is the way to go from now on. IMO