Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

gadfly

Sep 14, 2012
No pre sign for UPS.....I've worked for them 29 years. You will need to have it redirected to a neighbor or plan on picking it up that evening if you are not going to be home.
When you get your shipping notice from Apple and your status changes to shipped with a tracking #, they usually give you the option to print out a pre-sign form.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Muckcityjustin That's a bunch of Bullcrap! I don't believe that for one second. I think that rep is stressed and is saying anything. How in the living hell would that rep for Sprint know a f**king thing about what another Carrier is doing?!?!?! OOOOH THAT P*SSES ME OFF JUST HEARING THIS MALARKY! :mad:

Justin, just chill. You more than likely will get your iPhone 5 on Friday. Just sit tight and don't stress like that stupid rep did in giving you that horrible information.

Just like Rafagon said, get a second opinion. More than that, I want you to relax. :cool: Ordering shouldn't be so stressful, but these carriers with these stressed out reps have a way of making it down right unbearable sometimes for us purchasers. I've run into my share of stressed out reps at AT&T, UPS and FedEx. And If I hear something that sounds amazingly ridiculous, I thank them for their time and call and speak to someone else. Eventually you will get someone who isn't a complete A**HOLE! JEEZ!

Sorry for all the foul * stars, but I hate that crap so much! U R SUPPOSED TO HELP PEOPLE NOT LIE FOR YOUR OWN ENTERTAINMENT!
Talking about freaking crap
So I tried every day to get sons phone with mine.
At&T wouldn't budge to move the date up from the 4th of October
If I order it now it will takes weeks to get it .
I was told at the store When I come in Friday to switch equipment they will over ride the date so I can at least order it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Talking about freaking crap
So I tried every day to get sons phone with mine.
At&T wouldn't budge to move the date up from the 4th of October
If I order it now it will takes weeks to get it .
I was told at the store When I come in Friday to switch equipment they will over ride the date so I can at least order it.
OOOH WEEE They're making it hard this year. AT&T is smelling their own butt on a lot of things! I guess they feel they got it like that since they probably don't have a large % of their customers leaving for other carriers with this iPhone because of a lot of things. So, since they've got us, they're not as customer friendly as they once were. LOL!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I think AT&T, as far as I can tell from experience, customer service is getting better and better with time, can't complain about that at all.

No-25

Bronze
May 28, 2010
Wisconsin
It's because the carriers do not even have the phones yet. They can't ship something they don't have. Apple distributes all the way from the source, China. Carriers have distribution centers in the United States & like I said they don't have the phones. Regardless the earliest they will ship is more than likely Wednesday with 2day delivery so if you don't have a tracking update by then I would say that's when you can panic.
You are right on Vols34. Good job with the explanation.. Last year with my iPhone 4s i didn't get a tracking number until Wednesday and received the phone on Friday. To all att people take a deep breath and try to relax.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
I think AT&T, as far as I can tell from experience, customer service is getting better and better with time, can't complain about that at all.
Bennyboy To be fair. I have not personally dealt with them when I have had iPhone issues. When I have had account issues in the past, like when my husbands iPhone was stolen their customer service was horrible. So after that I hoped not to have any issues that i have to deal with them on. I had a billing issue that was their mistake and I did get a rep who helped to clear that up.

The problems I have had where I had to contact them were really bad, the theft, to minimum, the billing issue. So I can say in all fairness as far as I'm concerned, it's not fair to judge them years later on that one horrible incident that they barely helped us on. Times have changed and I'm sure they would be more skilled in dealing with such an issue today.

However, reading what imutter is dealing with brings back memories of those days and hours dealing with AT&T customer service and the managers to help resolve our issue because of the theft. Just makes me think they haven't gotten better. But it takes a comment like yours to make me think logically. :unsure:

I really hoped that imutter would have had a favorable outcome for her issue, but because of policy and yadda yadda she didn't and reading here on various threads i know she isn't the only one.

Gregdx7

Jul 5, 2007
Festus, MO
I ordered from the Apple Store at 3:20AM 9/14/12 and my order still only says "available to ship in 2 weeks" with no updates. Guess its "hit the line" early Friday morning for me.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Sharunda thanks

I am actually lucky my son is a good kid
If he'd ask me he'd get the the phone first.
He has patients like no other as long he knows it will happen.
He knows I get him what he needs and try my best for what he wants. Some people say I spoil him?
Really if I would have he'd be rotten! Does that sound rotten to anyone?
Anyways the plan (not that any plans lately worked out for us) is to veture to NYC for a weekend and get it at "THE STORE" and he gladlly waits even a bid longer for that.
I hope they do that phone App deal again where you can check inventory and hold the phone for 24 hours!
What was that called? Anyone remember?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Pac73

I've been having a hard time tracking my info down through this process using my cell number. I just gave up. My cell number is the same as my billing home phone. I don't use any other phone number so this won't work for me. I hope it works for someone else.
Sharunda did you go the UPS website on a pc/laptop and try 'track by reference'? You enter your phone number without any dashes as the reference number and select your destination country. That is what I was taught to do earlier today and it showed me the tracking number and that it was in route. I have since entered that in my ups mobile app to track and can see where it has now left Incheon destined for the states.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Sharunda did you go the UPS website on a pc/laptop and try 'track by reference'? You enter your phone number without any dashes as the reference number and select your destination country. That is what I was taught to do earlier today and it showed me the tracking number and that it was in route. I have since entered that in my ups mobile app to track and can see where it has now left Incheon destined for the states.
ednygma Yes I did go to the web site on my PC here @ work and I used the Track by Reference option. I put my phone number in and my destination country as well as my zip code and nothing comes up. It still says nothing. Oh well, I suppose I have to wait until I get that email. :unsure:

jnic429

Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
You are right on Vols34. Good job with the explanation.. Last year with my iPhone 4s i didn't get a tracking number until Wednesday and received the phone on Friday. To all att people take a deep breath and try to relax.
In fact, I didn't received the "Shipped" notice until after I got the iPhone 4 the day before launch.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
ednygma Yes I did go to the web site on my PC here @ work and I used the Track by Reference option. I put my phone number in and my destination country as well as my zip code and nothing comes up. It still says nothing. Oh well, I suppose I have to wait until I get that email. :unsure:
Bummer...sorry :(

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
ednygma Yes, it is a bummer, but I've got to have some self control! LOL! It's okay though. Friday will be here B4 we know it and I’ll have that little sweetheart in my hands.

I know I have no self control though. Someone here at work asked me if I preordered my iPhone 5. They knew I was planning on getting it, but they didn't know the severity of my desire for this iPhone. When I told him "Yeah, you know it! I did it on Friday at 3am!" He was shocked. He said you are out of control. I told him simply. "I have no self control." He vehemently agreed.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
OK, everyone take a chill pill. Take a Xanax and relax. All will be OK with Verizon, Sprint and even AT&T.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
Sharunda thanks

I am actually lucky my son is a good kid
If he'd ask me he'd get the the phone first.
He has patients like no other as long he knows it will happen.
He knows I get him what he needs and try my best for what he wants. Some people say I spoil him?
Really if I would have he'd be rotten! Does that sound rotten to anyone?
Anyways the plan (not that any plans lately worked out for us) is to veture to NYC for a weekend and get it at "THE STORE" and he gladlly waits even a bid longer for that.
I hope they do that phone App deal again where you can check inventory and hold the phone for 24 hours!
What was that called? Anyone remember?
I agree. A £600 iPhone for a young child is way too much.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
that's odd... I didn't get a email with a tracking number yet. But I did use @ednygma trick and found mine. Sitting in Tennessee now. I think they should just go ahead and send it to me. :)

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
I still don't get how you guys did it. Explain to me as elementary as possible. What do I put on reference and what on shipper account.
Shipment reference = billing telephone number.

Leave the delivery dates as is.

Select your country(us)

Type zip code and hit track.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I can't complain about AT&T at all. I never had an issue with any order & customer service has literally wiped hundreds of dollars off my bill for various blunders the kids have made.