Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Now this is an awesome gift to see before I fall asleep. After getting off the phone from Apple, I check UPS and I finally see good news.

In Transit: On Time
Business
Day(s) Left 3

Change Delivery
Request Status Updates
Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 09/21/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 09/18/2012

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
If you have UPS delivering your phone you have an option to get it first thing in the morning. All you have to do is let them know you'd prefer to pick up your package at the depot. That way, instead of the piece going out with the driver, it will be waiting for you at the depot. That option is free and another option is to have it sent to a nearby corporate UPS store ($5.00 fee). The only issue with that is that the piece won't arrive at the store until their local driver gets there (just a theory). You can manage these preferences online or with the UPS iOS app. I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. My luck there'd be a line at the UPS depot of people who had the same idea I had! Any thoughts?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
imutter my phone is no longer keeping yours company in Alaska. Mine left at a little after 12 AM local time.

SAC11

Sep 18, 2012
My i5 got to louisville KY at 12am! Normal ground shipping from UPS would get it delivered to me in Indianapolis tomorrow. Too bad Apple makes them wait until Friday to deliver!

Reactions: Girdler

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Ok, just checked my credit card and the money for the phone went out. Does this mean the phone will finally ship today? Has been or preparing for shipment for 2 days now.

Reactions: Mommy

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Bennyboy my money came off of my card 2 days ago, but Apple.com still shows "preparing for shipment". Even though I've been tracking it for over a day through UPS.

Reactions: Bennyboy

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I'm @ work now and I just did the happy dance at my desk. No one is here. It's 6am right now.
I just did the happy dance on my bed for you! I TOLD you it was speeding toward you! My Apple info *still* says "Preparing for shipment" ... But my phone arrived in Louisville last night :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Bennyboy my money came off of my card 2 days ago, but Apple.com still shows "preparing for shipment". Even though I've been tracking it for over a day through UPS.
Got it. Maybe I'll see something today then. My date still shows for a 9/21 delivery.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I'm @ work now and I just did the happy dance at my desk. No one is here. It's 6am right now.
I just did the happy dance on my bed for you! I TOLD you it was speeding toward you! My Apple info *still* says "Preparing for shipment" ... But my phone arrived in Louisville last night :)

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Bennyboy I'll keep hoping for the best for you, because God knows we'll be bombarded with reviews at iCafe and I don't want you to feel left out. Ha.

Reactions: Bennyboy

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Nice to know everyone sleeps with their electronics close by and for some their firearms as well.
My hubby is a light sleeper. SF side effect ? He goes to bed way early too. He can hear vibrating of the phone down stairs from the Bedroom. All electronics are turned off at night.
On the other hand I am save. He travels I am a Zombie! I can't sleep and take my iPad to bed too.
One thing I never used in my life i an alarm clock! I can just wake up when I tell myself. That is why I did not miss pre order.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
girdler my phone is still keeping yours company
Sharunda yours is a day behind ours and probably missed it's flight Partygirl should be it's name
MoneyMaker79 Yeppee I see I trend here
Bennyboy looking good my man

Looks like the orders got shipped out in order as they came in
I am a little behind because I typed with no light and had to do some do overs while ordering
Sharunda was even a bid later then I.
If we compare order time (just for the Louiville depot people) we proabably can see about what time the first batch was filled. I am certainly not 1st batch perhaps 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sharunda