Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

Nsullivan

Sep 17, 2012
Still waiting for mine to arrive in Louisville. It's been on its way from Nashville since 3:06pm yesterday....seems like it wouldn't take that long. Apple and UPS just like to tease me.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
This is not good ! I try to catch my guy before Friday and ask him and see what he says .....
I have a different package coming in today from UPS, so I'm just waiting to see what time it is "delivered" so that I have a rough guess. I doubt many people from my town ordered iPhone's at 3 AM.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Ok, just checked my credit card and the money for the phone went out. Does this mean the phone will finally ship today? Has been or preparing for shipment for 2 days now.
my account is showing the same thing! But yet, their is no tracking or anything... Just says will ship by 9/21. Good luck Benny!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I have a different package coming in today from UPS, so I'm just waiting to see what time it is "delivered" so that I have a rough guess. I doubt many people from my town ordered iPhone's at 3 AM.
just not here we live in a tech people environment now
Fed Ex just got here. UPS is never here before 5pm
But who knows how many extra carriers they have working ?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
what time is end of day ?
It depends on the amount your particular package car driver has on his/her route that day. A driver makes air deliveries that have a time commitment first and usually (but not always) those are businesss destinations before they head to residential air deliveries. Depending on their route/dispatch they also have to make account pickups as well. So while technically 7pm is a 'given' EOD value chances are that your specific EOD could be much sooner. My residential deliveries usually arrive between 2pm and 5pm.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
imutter I don't think I've ever been home for a UPS shipment, which means they deliver to my house before 4 PM, or have in the past. Who knows, guess I'll find out in 3 days. (y)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
imutter Girdler

Last year I preordered from AT&T and they came FedEx. I got the package in the morning.

Apple has sent all orders I have ever got from them via UPS so this is no surprise. I did receive my iPad at 11:15 am via UPS, so this might come early as well. I read last year where the shipping companies like UPS and Fed Ex don't use the same delivery person or route. They switch up and you will get your package from a different person on a different special route.

So, chin up, you could get your package earlier than your regular route person delivers it and you might not get the regular route person. It could come later too because of iPhone delivery congestion. The more I think of it, the more I'm rooting for the 11:15am delivery to my house. We'll see.

jnic429

Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Important information for iPhone Customers
Apple has required that UPS deliver iPhone shipments to customers on and not before Friday, September 21, 2012. iPhone’s are scheduled for Friday, September 21 2012 and have a delivery commitment of the end of day.

Where did you find this notice? I didn't see it on their website...just curious...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
jnic429 If you click on "Contact UPS" at the top-right and choose "live chat" and type in your tracking number it will tell you this.

Attachments

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Sharunda my chin is definitely up. I'm always hoping for the best. Taking off work Friday just to ensure that I'm home when the phone comes in. Can't risk missing it coming in since someone is buying my iPhone 4 Friday haha.

Reactions: ednygma

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
jnic429 If you click on "Contact UPS" at the top-right and choose "live chat" and type in your tracking number it will tell you this.
Wow yours is gonna be fresh off the boat (or plane). Its coming directly from Zhengzhou, Good thing for you Alaska is not far away!

I didn't get any #'s yet.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sharunda my chin is definitely up. I'm always hoping for the best. Taking off work Friday just to ensure that I'm home when the phone comes in. Can't risk missing it coming in since someone is buying my iPhone 4 Friday haha.

Girdler I'm staying home Friday because I can't miss this delivery. Hubby is off Friday, but he does OT sometimes. If he doesn't, then he'll be out running errands and I can't risk missing this delivery so I'm home.

Oh this is so exciting! These next few days are going to fly by! It's already after 10AM and although I've been here since 5:43am I fee llike the day is flying by.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Sharunda my day goes a lot faster when I'm reading and posting in this forum. If I'm just sitting here reading random articles on the Internet(like I usually do) it seems to drag.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
ok update.....Just looked at my verizon account, everyone look at the receipt that is stored in your accounts for the iPhone...it should say, 2 day shipping.......so, I have a feeling we are good with Verizon...we will receive it friday.....ok, just thought I would share that....

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Jill1228

Bronze
Dec 23, 2009
Cedar Rapids, IA
I get my amazon packages through UPS. Sometimes they arrive early and other times, not till 7pm. I plan on keeping myself occupied Friday by preparing a pot of gumbo

You can take the girl out of the South...

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I get my amazon packages through UPS. Sometimes they arrive early and other times, not till 7pm. I plan on keeping myself occupied Friday by preparing a pot of gumbo

You can take the girl out of the South...
Send me some Gumbo please... Just use Fed-Ex. Not UPS. :)