Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
They know what the package is and will have it in a holding state until it is authorized to be released to the final sort for delivery.

Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
I think that is why some ppl are getting their accessories in a separate shipment. Makes sense. You wouldn't want someone to buy some random thing from Apple and add and iPhone 5 on the same shipment. To try to sneak both before Friday.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
yes that's not gonna happen, they don't let u pick up until first del attempt either :(

sadness

also the 1Z or last 4 of your tracking numb are associated with Apple orders

prott1

Bronze
Feb 10, 2007
Southern Cali
Even better.. After all that yesterday and thinking no way in hell will I get my phone before the other half does... Today, I get an email from them stating that the phone that had issues line was completed and is shipped with a tracking number from Tenn early this morning and a delivery date by Fri, 9:30 am..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
that's what I was thinking earlier. When I get a tracking number my guess is that it's not gonna be in china but here in the US.
That's what I'm thinking as well. I haven't gotten an email yet and my status still says "Preparing for Shipment." I ordered through Apple.

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
That's what I'm thinking as well. I haven't gotten an email yet, either, and my status still says "Preparing for Shipment." I ordered through Apple.
Same here, though the reference # tracking shows that my phone has already departed from Alaska :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Same here, though the reference # tracking shows that my phone has already departed from Alaska :)
Where did you get the reference number?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I went to UPS website and used my phone number as my reference number, country and zip of destination to get my tracking number and track my phone.
Ah. Mine will be shipped through FexEx and my phone number wouldn't work for the reference number since I'm switching to Verizon and haven't ported my AT&T number yet.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
ednygma Europa You can also use your Apple Order Number without the last 2 digits for the "track by reference". You actually don't have to enter in your country or zip code.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Europa I don't know if the Apple Order Number will work for FedEx or not.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Europa Apple should change it to shipped instead of "preparing for shipment" within the next day or so anyway.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
That's what I'm thinking as well. I haven't gotten an email yet and my status still says "Preparing for Shipment." I ordered through Apple.
yeah, otherwise our delivery date would've changed by now. No way it can make it here in 2 days from zing zoo sohokoma china.

Look it up people, it's a real place.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
yeah, otherwise our delivery date would've changed by now. No way it came make it here in 2 days from zing zoo sohokoma china.

Look it up people, it's a real place.
Eh. I think they can make it here by Friday morning even if they haven't left yet. Earth is a pretty small planet. :D

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
While we all wait semi-patiently for our new handsets, anyone looking forward to upgrading to iOS 6 tomorrow?

Myself, I won't be upgrading immediately. I want to save the iOS 6 experience for 9/21 and the new iPhone.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
While we all wait semi-patiently for our new handsets, anyone looking forward to upgrading to iOS 6 tomorrow?

Myself, I won't be upgrading immediately. I want to save the iOS 6 experience for 9/21 and the new iPhone.
Musclenerd said im not allowed to. haha