Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Ah. Mine will be shipped through FexEx and my phone number wouldn't work for the reference number since I'm switching to Verizon and haven't ported my AT&T number yet.
How do you know it is shipping FedEx?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I'm going to update tomorrow. that should alleviate some of the sleepless and stressed nights I have been having since Pre-order day...
Have you tried calling Sprint today? Maybe you could get better results? Escalate the call if necessary?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Someone has beaten us to the punch!

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/18...eal-packaging-layout-and-earpods-travel-case/

Of note is the last paragraph on that post:

"The first round of pre-orders are already en route to their destinations, although Apple has arranged for carriers to hold deliveries until the official Friday launch. It is not unheard of, however, for a handful of deliveries to slip through early."

Have you tried calling Sprint today? Maybe you could get better results? Escalate the call if necessary?
yes no luck whatsoever. All they can tell me is that once my order status is updated I will get an email. I must have spoken to at least 6 people over at sprint in the past 2 days.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
How do u get FedEx to text me updates to the package? Or I can't? I see email but nothing else..

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
So, my iPhone 5 left Alaska overnight. My guess is that it's going
to Los Angeles.
Actually, I think they all go through the UPS Hub in Louisville first. Mine left Anchorage with yours last night - I am in Anchorage!

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I ordered my last three phones through Apple and all of them were delivered by FedEx.
Same here. However, my phone from Apple is coming UPS this time. I tracked it by phone # reference per previous posts and found both mine and my cousin's. Odd. Apple seems to be spreading the businesss around.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
just a question, but do you think lining up at 5 AM the day of release I could still get my hands on another one if I wanted? or would i be too late?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
just a question, but do you think lining up at 5 AM the day of release I could still get my hands on another one if I wanted? or would i be too late?
I would say yes but you never know.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Same here. However, my phone from Apple is coming UPS this time. I tracked it by phone # reference per previous posts and found both mine and my cousin's. Odd. Apple seems to be spreading the businesss around.
I just tried UPS and there's nothing listed under my reference number there, either. I ordered some Lightning to USB cables a couple days before that and they were shipped from China and just arrived in Alaska via FedEx.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I just tried UPS and there's nothing listed under my reference number there, either. I ordered some Lightning to USB cables a couple days before that and they were shipped from China and just arrived in Alaska via FedEx.
I checked last night and after talking to Apple last night tracking for the iPhone finally showed up on UPS.com track by reference using billing phone number. Have you tried recently?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I checked last night and after talking to Apple last night tracking for the iPhone finally showed up on UPS.com track by reference using billing phone number. Have you tried recently?
You're right! I just checked on UPS by referencing my phone number and it got to Louisville five hours ago.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I ordered mine at 2:45 am on pre order day with Apple store app. Got a conformation email. It still says preparing for shipment and has a delivery day of 9/21 but I'm getting worried.
Tom