Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I ordered 2 iPhone 5's. One says Preparing for shipment the other still says processing and my creditcard has only been charged for one iPhone. Both had be charged last night, but checked earlier and they put the money back for one.
this happens sometimes it's because they are on different batches (crates) they already asign you a specific phone when you order. One may not be with the other. Afterall Apple (China) couldn't tell ahead of time what you will order.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Yeah i don't really know what determines who gets to get theirs shipped first. I have ppl on other sites saying that they ordered their phones after mine from AT&T and are getting preparing to ship or holiday shipping status when they check. And meanwhile mine is just processing.
No matter they will hold the shipments with the carriers until Friday morning
So it really does not matter if your order is first out of China

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Mine says "preparing for shipment" as well. As soon as I noticed it I hopped on here to make sure other people knew. Ha.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
I am not sure if you know what i meant. For example, i have a friend who ordered two phones for him and his wife. Same model phone, same website Apple.com. He ordered his, but for whatever reason wasn't able to order hers because he got knocked off. He had to wait another few hours before being able to order his wife's phone. Even though his wife's phone was ordered after his. She has gotten an email saying hers is ready to ship. While he was told that his will be delayed even though he ordered his before hers. Which makes no sense. So he called and they said there was nothing they could do. She would receive hers before his, even though his was ordered a few hours before hers. So that is what i meant. It just seems random as to whose order gets processed first. I duno, i am going to bed. Hopefully mine will be ready to ship tomorrow.
Napoleon Lopez I believe as you order you get already a phone assigned and then it really depends where it is?
It could be on the 1st crate in storage or some where else. They do have bar codes which get scanned and sorted
I am not certain if that happens in China or Ancorache after customs

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
gadfly Well you have come to the wrong place (kinda)
We here are not about who get's it first (IT"S ME!)
We come here to have fun and share our excitment of getting the idevices we been waiting and pondering about for almost a year. This is an iPhone forum? I personally look forward for this specific 2 weeks! From keynote, to getting up at 3am, to tracking and getting the phone. The only reason I get it on launch is the fun sharing with my fellow forum peeps. If I could I would camp too. Just for the fun!
Anyway stay around and judge for yourself after all you came here for a reason? And as it seems you ordered as well? I for one are looking for Sharunda Phones are preparing for shipping!

Reactions: Mommy and Girdler

comncense

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Somewhat related question... I decided to make the switch from AT&T over to Verizon and not bother about porting over my existing AT&T number. I ordered through the Apple site for a Verizon phone. Anyone know if it's possible to find out what my new Verizon number would be or basically would I have to wait for the new Verizon phone to get here to find out what it is?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Somewhat related question... I decided to make the switch from AT&T over to Verizon and not bother about porting over my existing AT&T number. I ordered through the Apple site for a Verizon phone. Anyone know if it's possible to find out what my new Verizon number would be or basically would I have to wait for the new Verizon phone to get here to find out what it is?
I'd say that you would need to wait for the phone to arrive. However, you can chat with a Verizon representative who may be able to locate what your number may be.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/contact_us/account.html

Click the "chat online" button at the bottom.

jon01

Jul 23, 2008
NY
is there any chance some of the pre orders that say 2 weeks are upgraded to sept 21st ? :p

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If anything, Apple's shipping estimates are probably right on the nose, but it's possible they are a little conservative.
I'm looking at 10/2 right now. If it ships faster, great. If its on time, then is fine too, since that's when they said it would arrive. If its late, I'll ***** like a little child, but there is nothing I can do to change it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
My sons line is due for an upgrade October 4th and what stinks is I can still not order one for the discounted price evenso I won't probably get it at that day.
We are probably planing a weekend in NYC and get it at THE STORE
I am excited we stay at the base Hotel and probably take even the dogs
My dogs would love Central Park
Anyone at NYC can you take pets on the Subway ?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
imutter You stay in the base Hotel. Nice! Wen I'm in the city, I do not take the subway. Was molested on it and just don't take the subway. I take a cab. However, I think pets should be no problem as long as you have them on a leash.

Pets are welcomed at the Apple Stores. I've seen and got to play with such cute Dogs at several Apple stores in the city. Just be careful with them in the crowds. You don't want them getting lost in the crowd if they wandered. If you're in line for hours, its best to have another adult with you who can walk the dog and go for snacks.