Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Finally got the your item has been shipped email! Also Apple app showing order has been shipped!

Phone still in Kentucky! They better get that thing to Oklahoma ASAP for tomorrow! :) I'm getting excited!

Ups just updated to import scan within the last few minutes! Should be headed this way soon!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
imutter For Passbook, if you purchase a movie ticket through the Fandango app, it will put a ticket in your Passbook. Then, when you go to the movies they will either scan the ticket from your phone, or look at it. I'm not sure how that part works.
No, man. You simply swipe your phone over the NFC sensor. Oh wait. Apple didn't think NFC was necessary. Oops.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Lawn chair, some beers, movie on your laptop, and you're good. Unless it rains...
I have a beer fridge in the Garage... Maybe I should have a iPhone party and roll it out in the driveway using a drop cord. :)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sharunda I am kinda doing the same.
I had to add some extra Apps (streetview stuff etc)
Bought songs
Now I have to try to figure out Passbook (have you done that?)
Son has done his whole phone new (very cool wallpaper app)
He will get his phone soon! I guess a October 4th plan is needed?
Hubby has no phone but I promised I hand over my 4s tonight. My old baby grew up and will become a menly plain boring adult phone. Siri's new job will be finding beer ratings on the web !
After I get mine I will open the box take a look and head on over to AT&T to get my switch done.
This weekend we will be styling brand new babies.

imutter

I couldn't figure out Passbook, but I got it now, I think. :unsure: You have to have the corresponding Apps to work with it. Movie tickets, Plane tickets, Store Coupons, whatever it is it must work with Passbook. I thought there was something I had to do, but there isn't anything I can do. Anyway, I can't wait until the stores and movie houses get Apps that will work with Passbook. It'll be awesome.

Siri find me BEER RATINGS! LOL!

This is very exciting! This will be a brand new iPhone weekend! NICE!

I hope you can get in to AT&T to get your phone switched with not much waiting. I think a lot of places will be swamped.

Sep 16, 2012
Mine says delivery by 10:30AM, it just had a import scan, but it has been sitting in Louisville for the past 3 days. I thought the import scan was done in Alaska?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
imutter

I couldn't figure out Passbook, but I got it now, I think. :unsure: You have to have the corresponding Apps to work with it. Movie tickets, Plane tickets, Store Coupons, whatever it is it must work with Passbook. I thought there was something I had to do, but there isn't anything I can do. Anyway, I can't wait until the stores and movie houses get Apps that will work with Passbook. It'll be awesome.

Siri find me BEER RATINGS! LOL!

This is very exciting! This will be a brand new iPhone weekend! NICE!

I hope you can get in to AT&T to get your phone switched with not much waiting. I think a lot of places will be swamped.
Sharunda that passbook is not working for me
it does not show in the cloud or can I add apps from the app store (the once I am supose too)
It is glitched or something

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Mine says delivery by 10:30AM, it just had a import scan, but it has been sitting in Louisville for the past 3 days. I thought the import scan was done in Alaska?
The status is not updating for the tracking because they want to make sure nobody gets their iPhone before Friday.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Mine says Delivery by 10:30 am. I creamed my jeans when I saw it.

What does pre signing it do exactly?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Mine says Delivery by 10:30 am. I creamed my jeans when I saw it.

What does pre signing it do exactly?
You can pre-sign a form by printing it out, and then putting it on the door or where it's going to be delivered. Then the delivery service has the decision to leave it there without seeing you in person to sign it.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Sharunda that passbook is not working for me
it does not show in the cloud or can I add apps from the app store (the once I am supose too)
It is glitched or something
imutter Passbook doesn't work for me either. I think we have to wait until there are apps from stores, airports and venues that work with it in order to get any value out of it. Passbook seems to work when these places work with it.

Like getting a plane ticket from Delta for example, and having it on a Delta App will make it come up automatically on Passport. Then when you arrive at the airport the boarding pass will load up from Passport and get scanned and off you go. That's how I understand Passport works with everything in it as long as the participating stores, venues and airports have cooresponding apps.

Delta was just an example.

I think once corporations catch on, Passport will be extremely successful and useful! It will be awesome once it gets started. Right now, there are probably a handful that works with it. I just don't know what they are.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Yes, I received that email earlier today. But why didn't they update it sooner than Thursday? People wanted to pre-sign.
I do not believe UPS allows pre-signing of packages. That functionality is sitting on Apple's site but I think only FedEx allows that. UPS has a policy of dropping packages at your door if the route/area has been deemed safe for that and the product is not a high-value item. Most electronics are deemed high-value and thus require a humanoid signature in the UPS system...at least that is my understanding. I could easily be wrong however.