Official iPhone Bluetooth compatibility list

wisey

Sep 4, 2007
Plantronics 320 - short distance

Hi all-

I have a PLantronics 320 and it paired just fine with the iPhone, but when I used this headset with my Motorola Razr I could walk all over the house without any performance issues. With the iPhone I can get only about 4-5 feet away from the phone before I hear a loud crackling noise.

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I believe this has something to due with either the bluetooth profile on the phone and or the location of the radio antenna in the phone.
It could also be the headset, but since you are citing great performance with another phone, then I would lean towards the profile or hardware of the iPhone.
I have the WEP410 headset from Samsung. When it's line of site, it's great and loud. the moment something gets in the way of the 2 devices, it starts to crackle and get static. I believe this is the headset in my case, because it did it with another phone as well.

jcelia1551

Jun 30, 2007
Try the oakley orokers they work

Ok well hope this is good news for all i bought a pair of oakley orokors and they work with the bluetooth as for hearing the ipod on the glasses it is possible with a thing called the icombi its avaible at okaleys website that part is 49.00 and the glasses are 249.00 but it controls the ipod fuction it lets you play and pause and reservand forward this is the bomb it works i have it i used it all day on a full charge on the glasses lasted about 8hrs i used booth bluetooth and ipod and it does not drain the iPhone anymore then regular use.

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Two independently verified plug-and-talk car kits that work great:

Motorola T305
BlueAnt SuperTooth Light

I have used both of them (they are actually in my car as I type this) and prefer the Motorola.

To start with, the thing is *T*I*N*Y*! It is smaller than most flip-style cell phones. Whereas the BlueAnt is much larger.

Also, the speaker in the Motorola is much louder than the one in the BlueAnt.

Anyway, they both work great with the iPhone.

Rumpelgeist

MarkBakalor

Sep 9, 2007
Pioneer AVIC-Z2?

Does anyone know if the popular AVIC-Z2 Nav system with Bluetooth Adapter ND-BT1 will be compatible with my iPhone?

Mark

ojm

Sep 14, 2007
Add this one to your compatibility List

You can add
Samsung WEP-200to the compatible list
Confirmed iPhone Bluetooth compatible products[/U]
  • Aliph Jawbone
  • Apple Bluetooth Headset
  • Samsung WEP 410
  • Plantronics Discovery 640E
  • Plantronics 655
  • Nextlink AX2 bluespoon
  • BlueAnt Supertooth Light Lite Bluetooth Handsfree Speakerphone
  • Nokia BH-900
  • Motorola H-500
  • Motorola H-700
  • Plantronics 320
Bluetooth products not working with iPhone
  • Stereo Headphones Using A2DP
  • MOTOROKR S9
  • Motorola HF850 Bluetooth Car Kit
Car Manufacturer iPhone Bluetooth Compatibility Threads (car not listed, please send me a PM).

Last edited by a moderator:

cschroed

Sep 21, 2007
Add this one to your compatibility List

I purchased the Jabra BT125 at the Apple Store last week, using my iPhone credit. It is the best fitting bluetooth hesdset I've ever used. It is mini sized with an ear clip and 8 hours standby. Excellent transceiver.

bunnymen65

Sep 21, 2007
Mercedes Benz & iPhone

Can anyone tell me about compatabilty with iPhone and MB. Mom just got new car and wants her new phone to sync. I noticed it was listed on your list. Does anyone know any buzz?

Thanks
bunnymen65

Nikolai Pietrovich

Sep 26, 2007
iPhone + Icombi + S9 => Battery Drains!

I've searched the forums and it seems everyone else but me is enjoying good battery life with the combination above. However, from my experience, my battery drains after using it for just four hours. Doesn't last through the entire work day! At the end of the day I can't call anyone because my battery is dead.

Anyone have similar experiences, or know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Too Many Secrets

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I've been using the Logitech Mobile Express BT unit for better then a week without problems. It was a freebie, but it works ok.

Volvo

Sep 29, 2007
Moto 1000

The Motorola 1000 Car Kit pairs fine with the iPhone but
does not offer auto answer.You must answer manually and
then the connection process is poor.

Volvo

Sep 29, 2007
Pioneer 980BT CD receiver

The Pioneer 980BT has few problems-
does not auto connect to iPhone
You must connect manually connect every time you get in the car. The $50 phones auto connect just fine. Once you
connect the unit work great.

orlandoc

Oct 5, 2007
I hear ya!

Right now I'm trying to pair my HS850, and it has said searching for the last 5 minutes. This phone is starting to piss me off.
I installed an HS850 in my 2007 Lexus IS250. The iPhone pairs and works, but it is quirky. In order for it to work, I have to press the Voice Dial feature on the HS850 control panel, and then dial the number from the phone. This usually works fine.

What pisses me off about the iPhone, aside from the bitter sting of the price drop that everyone who bought one before 8/22/2007 has felt, is the device's reluctance to get the basics of being a cell phone correct from the start. Sure, it combines a cell phone, iPod, WiFi browser, and digital camera all into one sleek package. But no voice dial? Just about every cell phone has that nowadays. Incompatible with a large number of Bluetooth devices? No Bluetooth syncing of contacts to Outlook? C'mon now, that's just unforgivable for $500.

Oh, and you can't activate it on a businesss account? That was almost a deal breaker for me, and one I did not learn about until I got it home, opened the box, and made my first attempt to activate the phone.

I know there are a lot of Monday morning quarterbacks out there giving Apple their idea of how to make the iPhone perfect. I'll join those ranks by making my own list:

1. Make iPhone available to businesss accounts
2. Make iPhone compatible with a wider range of Bluetooth devices
3. Incorporate the advanced BT handsfree features avaiable on any $.01 cell phone
4. allow contacts to be synchronized from PIMs via BT
5. Incorporate a blinking "New Message" LED some where on the phone like Blackberries have

I really don't see how difficult it would be to incorporate these running fixes (except the blinkning LED of course) into subsequent software updates.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I can confirm that the Motorola H350 works perfectly with the iPhone.

GolfNut

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
Jabra BT 500 Headset Works

Sorry for not putting my original post here.

This headset works great.

orlandoc

Oct 5, 2007
Motorola HF850 - Update

After downloading the latest iPhone update, it appears as though the phone works a bit better than it used to in conjunction to the HF850. There is an earlier post that explains how to dial out using the iPhone and HF850 combination, and that works fine.

I can now answer calls by pressing the multi-function button. One caveat: there is about a 6 second delay from the time you press the button to the time when the call is answered. So you have to press it quickly, sit tight, and hope that the caller hasn't given up on you.

At least we're making progress...

politicalslug

Oct 17, 2007
Pioneer 9800BT / 980BT is crap and broke my phone

I was conflicted about whether to purchase a Pioneer 9800BT (same as the Premier 980BT but without a two year warranty) and an Alpine X001. I went with the Pioneer and added the iPod adapter. That's where my problems began...

First things first: the bluetooth on this unit is junk. I had to repair the iPhone with the headunit every time I either turned off the car, walked sufficiently far enough away from the car, or turned off the headunit. If pairing were easy I wouldn't complain, but it wasn't easy. I had to unpair the headunit from the phone through the iPhone's settings>general>bluetooth menu, then repair the two by having the Pioneer search for the phone while re-pairing the two from the iPhone itself. That's way too much work each time I get in the car (and I'm a pizza delivery driver, so I'm constantly turning off the car, getting out, then returning to the car).

Second thing, and this is the most important: the Pioneer 9800bt melted my iPhone. That's right, MELTED my iPhone :oops: :oops: :oops:
I had plugged in the iPhone to the iPod adapter and it played music for about ten minutes before faulting. I opened up the glovebox (where the iPhone was stashed) and the screen was covered with colored lines, going horizontal and vertical in a pattern akin to colored TV snow or static. At this point the phone was rather hot. I unplugged it and tried to reset it but nothing happened. After about a minute of holding down the home and off buttons the screen turned off, but the whole while the phone kept getting warmer and warmer. Eventually the iPhone was too hot to hold. I called AppleCare and we tried everything. The phone failed restore then the computer wouldn't ever recognize it anymore. After about 40 minutes the phone began to cool, but it was already too late. It was dead. I headed to the local Apple store and they replaced it for me.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNIT (THE PIONEER 980BT / 9800BT)

I decided to go with the Alpine X001 (which I just had installed today), and I haven't regretted it. The navigation is the best out there for the iPod/iPhone. I can answer calls from the iPhone while playing music. I also have a Plantronics 655 bluetooth headset, which I can use to double-tap and redial (so I can make outbound calls in that way). I haven't tried the bluetooth adapter from Alpine (haven't bought it, I should say) as Pioneer successfuly turned me off the idea of integrated bluetooth. One thing I can't do is access the phone while it's plugged into the head unit. The screen just says iPhone/iPod accessory, but none of the menus are accessible. Also, I tried to navigate around the iPod interface on the Alpine headunit while on a call I received and the unit paused for 10 seconds then went into shuffle mode, playing sound on the headset (plantronics) but not the speakers. Then when I turned off the car, while still on the headset, the iPhone started playing a movie I had on there. I know, I know. Kinda weird, but nothing is perfect, though this unit is the best for the iPod/iPhone I've yet tried.

-My 2 cents

Bear

Oct 20, 2007
Parrot

Anyone in the US played with parrot car kits?
I've got one fitted to a Golf GTI (or I think they are VW Rabbits in US).
Just got a siftware haked iPhone so I can use it in Oz and while it pairs with TomTom 710 (add that to list) I keep getting a message back from the Parrot saying message is full. The iPhone finds the Parrot, but sits there spinning it's wheels.

Cobalt

Oct 22, 2007
iPhone with Mercedes

I'm using iPhone with Mercedes CLK 2006, with the original Bluetooth adapter and Comand. Everything works fine, except when downloading the address book the '+' sign of international numbers is cut off. Any clue?