Official iPhone Social Entry Thread

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I just hit 75 myself. And remember Chris im buying a new Macbook the day after Christmas :) lol

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
How do you earn points, sorry but I don't see instructions anywhere.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Make friends, join groups, edit your profile, post your status, add photos, etc. Basically anything that posts a bulletin on the social's home page earns you a point.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Good Luck to everyone, as i've probably just jinxed myself into not winning. ;)

antcuc

Dec 19, 2008
WEEEEEEE 75 WEEEEEEEEEE! I sooo hope I win. I wanna get my sister an ipod for christmas. Thanks for the opportunity!

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
I got 75 points

I just hit 75 points, just in time too, matt33263

jimwarden

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I made it!

Man, I can't believe I made it to 75 in time! I just found out about this yesterday am, and then I had to work long hours at the airport. Thanks to everyone for their help, and friend request accepts. Good luck to everyone.

Now if we can get this Social hooked up to FaceBook.

Jim

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
So who won?

I've been waiting for the answer allll day! :p

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thanks to everyone who entered. I have my family in town for Christmas Eve. I should have time tomorrow to do the random drawing and make the announcement.

Best of luck to everyone and happy holidays!

-Chris

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Thanks chris, have a nice christmas with the family! :laugh2:

failsafe

Bronze
Oct 17, 2008
San Diego
Thanks to everyone who entered. I have my family in town for Christmas Eve. I should have time tomorrow to do the random drawing and make the announcement.

Best of luck to everyone and happy holidays!

-Chris
Thanks for the update Chris. Merry Christmas.

S

Starry

What did I not sign up for? What contest? What posting... uh huh.. I'm busy with my new freakin house and let me tell ya.. anyone want a house on Lake Travis I'm giving it freakin AWAY! *Pulling hair out*

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Unlike other contests where I wait to hear from the winner before announcing, I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to contact the winner of the iPhone Social contest. I'll be sending out an email after this post and make a formal announcement on the site later today.

I want to thank each and every one of you who made it to 75 points. I appreciate you taking the time to learn a new area of the site and have some fun with it. I do hope that you'll continue to use iPhone Social and I hope to bring some new things to make it a more enjoyable experience. In the end, it's about offering our readers more ways to interact. Not only on this site, but Everything Q had a similar contest. It was pretty awesome to read daily profile updates, see personal photos and of course the proliferation of groups. I have this crazy idea that forums are just part of the equation and that a true community site should go beyond offering "bulletin boards". I think the members who participated in this contest did just that and I thank you. I'm hoping to add a new feature in the coming days and perhaps another new contest in the New Year.

Thanks everyone!

Now, drum roll please..... the winnner of the iPhone Social everythingiCafe is free2rhyme590.

-Chris

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I've been so tied up in "Another" thread that I had no idea there was a contest going on. Just kidding....Congratulations Free2Rhyme....Mark
If I'm able to sort things out, I'm hoping you'll take part in the new Community Blog section. My hunch is that you've got more than a few editorials in you?