Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Check the box to manually manage music and videos. No more syncing for me, just drag and drop. I'm not sure if this is a new addition to the phone firmware or to iTunes. It's always been that way for ipods.

Um, drag and drop from where to where?

Windows, please. :D

theone77

Bronze
Oct 18, 2007
For YOUR INFO

1.1.3 Unlock and Jailbreak Status
1.1.3 is currently:

NOT unlockable by software
NOT unlockable by ****SIM
NOT jailbreakable

as of TODAY

GSA190

Bronze
Oct 29, 2007
New York
I just noticed a featurenon the iPod. I'm not sure ifnthis was there but now you can shuffle songs without making a play list.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
So, does everyone else have a Page Of Misfit Apps yet? You know, the ones you never play with and never care about seeing like YouTube, Stocks, iTunes. Mine are all shuffled off to page 3 and my Webclips are on page 2.

I don't know how many times I can say, "I told you so."

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:49 AM

Subject: Apple's latest iPhone software breaks iPhoneRingToneMaker

Apple has released iPhone 1.1.3, and it breaks iPhoneRingToneMaker. As a result, if you upgrade to iPhone 1.1.3, all your custom ringtones may be wiped off, and you will not be able to add new ringtones.

Apple has broken iPhoneRingToneMaker before, and we successfuly modified our product to make it compatible with those updates. Will do our best to get iPhoneRingToneMaker working with this latest update, and will let you know when a fix is found.

Sincerely,

iPhoneRingToneMaker Support
OJ, I'm not quite the pessimist you are, I bet they have a fix within a week. ;)

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
Tell us more please. What did you cut and how did you paste?

Thanks!
Don't bother - this was posted by some tool who was just trying to get a rise out of people. I believe he's since been banned.

There's no cut and paste, flash, maid service or other junk that this moron referred to.

musicmanmu

Bronze
Aug 2, 2007
WV
So, to those who have updated (particularly those who came from being jailbroken):

Are you happy with the update? Does the phone run smoother overall? Pros vs. Cons?

I love my jailbroken phone, but it does tend to act buggy at times; nothing I can't deal with, but I was just wondering about the difference.

Thanks!

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
Installing 1.1.3 now..... hope it works out well for me. I hate having to fix stuff after updating any software.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Last edited by a moderator:

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Trying to get directions from "current location" is slightly annoying. If you are already in directions mode and want to say from current location, i havnt found an easy way to add it to the TO or FROM. I have to back out, hit the cross hairs, then hit the directions button again.

mickeyw63

Nov 2, 2007
With software version 1.1.2, I created custom ringtones for my iPhone. I took an MP3 clip, converted to AAC, deleted both from my iTunes library, changed the extension of the file to .m4r and then added it back to my library so it was recognized as a ringtone. I synched these ringtones to my iPhone.

If someone has done this and then upgrades from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3, can you please let us know if these custom ringtones are still there or if this has been "fixed." I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.1.3 if we can no longer do this.
I have the update and the ringtones that I had previously added to iPhone by the above mentioned metheod are still there and work. Haven't tried to add a new one since the update.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
So, to those who have updated (particularly those who came from being jailbroken):

Are you happy with the update? Does the phone run smoother overall? Pros vs. Cons?

I love my jailbroken phone, but it does tend to act buggy at times; nothing I can't deal with, but I was just wondering about the difference.

Thanks!
I miss checking installer to see what's new. I also miss wallpaper as background with my icons. 1.1.3 is nice, but I kinda miss my jailbroken phone!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm still waiting around but it's good to see that a lot of people seemingly like the new update. I didn't even think about the wallpaper homescreen background, but I don't think I could live without mine either.